Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2007 Sydney CHC SAP Applicant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolchamp81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:11am
Thanks for your reply, but its not the case, when I applied in 2007 , my score was 68 points and it was based on my past experience after my graduation. Here in Australia I did my Masters degree and they did not use the word PRIOR, they said all employment experience since the date of application...but yes we do have to mention all the experience before and after our application...and yes it was under skilled worker category...
Regards...
Originally posted by tremor tremor wrote:

To koolchamp81

When you applied you were a student which means they have to assess your skills by past work experience as you did not have any academic credentials. That's most likely why they ask for 10 years experience prior to your application. Did you apply under the Skilled Worker category ? I think that was a bit risky since you wouldn't have had the credentials at that time.

They didn't ask for a new IELTS so why bother ?

Edited by koolchamp81 - 30 Jan 2010 at 9:14am
the big burp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the big burp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 8:39pm
hi guys just a quick note to let everyone know that my pr cards arrived at my friends place on friday. i landed 22 dec so took about 5 weeks to arrive.
koolchamp81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolchamp81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:05pm
Hello big burp,
Thanks very much for your reply,
AS u have gone thru all the hassle of the arranging and providing all the required documents, u can help me alot in arranging and preparing the documents. In the document request, at one place they have asked for original academic transcripts and in the document checklist it is written that certified copies of the transcripts will be ok.
At the time of application , i was bachelor and now am married n would send the application fee for my wife as well. My query is do we need to send the academic transcripts for both of us as the main applicant is me only and they have asked for the employment experience for the principal applicant only. Abt transcripts, it is written that sealed envelopes from the issuing authority is not
mandatory.and regarding bank statements , at the moment I can not show much amount but yes later on in coming months , i will be able to provide sufficient funds for two and the proof for the funds as well..what do u suggest ant it .. i guess they will ask for the settlement funds again in couple of months while processing my application further...
Another very important - there is a word written UNCLASSIFIED at the front top of the document request latter where the file number is mentioned and the date... What does it mean ????
Thanks in advance... 
Originally posted by the big burp the big burp wrote:

hi koolchamp - welcome to the forum and congrats on the document request.

re your first question - you should send them sufficient documents to prove your work experience for the last 10 years (or how ever long you have worked in the last 10 years), e.g. references, work contract, pay slips. the most important things are the dates and the duties performed.

the principal applicant is the main applicant i.e. the one who has been designated as the primary applicant on the form (which usually means they have more points or better fulfil the requirements to the spouse)

getting aus citizenship is a slow process i know ppl who waited 6 or more months for the ceremony after all is accepted. maybe when you get a date of the ceremony (which is the date you will be granted citizenship) you should email or contact them to indicate you want the visa in the aus pport.

re the bank account, you need to show them you have sufficient funds so maybe if you dont have cash you can show share certificates or something but you will need to show evidnce of sufficient money.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the big burp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:19am
hi koolchamp, i included original transcripts in my application - not sure if they accept copies but if they asked for original then better to provide the original instead of following the checklist from the website. you definately need transcipts for main applicant and if claiming points for the education of your spouse then you should provide transcripts for your spouse too - basically they wont award points unless you have proof and provide this along with the application.
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 10:53pm

Hello coolchamp81 and Tbone54,

It is good that you have got update request. I also applied in April, 2007 but have not received the letter yet. Currently I am living outside Australia, so probably it may take few more days to reach the letter to me. When did they issue the letters to you? How many days have they given you to submit the documents? I would be happy to know that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolchamp81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:17am
Hello Alan,
I received their update request last week, n we have 60 days to send the required documents....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolchamp81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:25am
Hello big burp,
just wondering if u have any idea that they count any experience gained after we lodged our application, as u told me that if i want to claim points for my spouse's education then i should send her academic transcripts as well, but I was not married at the time of lodgement of my application, will they consider these extra points now???
regards...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the big burp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 3:05am
koolchamp, the canadian law says you need to meet the points requirement at the time of application and at the time of processing/assessment so therefore you need to prove documents for everything you claimed. yes they will consider education/changes at the time of application.

if you are married and have not informed the consulate you should do so, as you need to declare all family members on the application and failure to do so will mean it may not be possible to sponsor them later under family class sponsorship.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolchamp81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 4:30am
Hello everyone,
just wondering if it will be fine if we send certified copy of IELTS result...
and certified copies of all educational certificates and original transcripts for tertiary education....
masters degree is considered as professional qualification ... ????????
Thanks ....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the big burp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:08pm
of course a masters degree is considered as a professional qualification and is likely to give you more points than a bachelor degree - but for canadian immigration you need to fulfil the qualification criteria and the years schooling, go to www.cic.gc.ca for information about exact points for yrs in school and qualifications.

koolchamp - i did certified copy for high school certificate and provided original tertiary education which is fine. no idea about ielts since im an aussie...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic