Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2007 Sydney CHC SAP Applicant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 4:10am
Hi Jakeblack,

It is good that you have found the forum. It is also good that the CHC Sydney has given a deadline for making change. It looks like we are not far behind of getting the update request.

Hi the Big Burp, thanks for your sharing of information. Yes probably we will have to wait a couple of months to get response from them.

Please keep continuing sharing information.
Tbone54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:45am
Hi Guys, I'm one of the unlucky 2007ers as well, April 2007, Still waiting and I haven't heard anything

I emailed them back in December 28th and got

"This office is currently processing Skilled Worker application received December 2006."

I'm hoping to hear something soon.

I'm actually in Toronto with a full time job now, and cant reapply because of the Labor Market Opinion.

I can re apply as soon as Ive been here a Year which is like August 2010, but I would hope that my April 2007 application is at least processing by then.

Here's to more waiting...
Tbone54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 10:42am
Just FYI, I got request for documents today!!!
the big burp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the big burp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 3:46am
great news tbone!!! hope the document collection goes well

hang in there everyone else waiting, im sure you will hear soon esp. those april/may 07 applicants.
Ekonkar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ekonkar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:18am
Thats is great new Tborne...Good Luck Mate. This new has bring a ray of hope in our end as well. So hope fully we pray that your paper work will go smooth and well. By the way I was wondering and curious to know, is this because you are at Canada thats why your application is shortlisted or if they have reached to April 2010 candidates as a routine.

I am Sep 2007 candidate and if things go this way I am hoping will be listened by July Aug 2010.

Thanks 2010- hope you will bring cheers and happiness to all the Canada aspirants and 2007 candidates.
Tborne Please keep in touch and share your experiences.

Good Luck once again to all 2007 candidates
koolchamp81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolchamp81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:01pm
Hello Everyone,
Sydney office is back in action, at last received Document request yesterday.
Applied (SAP)in -May 2007,
Document request -Jan 2010,
I will need your help guys in preparing and arranging the required documents ,they have given me 60 days to send the documents back....
I am permanent resident here in Australia now, but at the time of application I was temporary resident n was studying here.
I am bit confused regarding the job experience they asked for- they have asked for the last 10 years experience since the date of application (What does it mean?????????? )
the exact wording is (All employment experience documents for 10 years since the date of application for the Principal applicant only )...
I have applied for Australian Citizenship as well, should I ask for some extension so that I will get Australian passport n then send the update and the required documents, will it make any difference in processing and verification if I have Australian Passport, currently I have Indian passport.
and regarding IELTS , IELTS result is almost 3 years old now, it was in Feb 2007 and after achieving required band score I applied for Canadian residency. Will they ask for a new one or it will be fine with them.
They have also asked for last months bank statements, but at the moment my bank accounts don't have any savings as I regular send the money overseas and do some investments as well, will they take decision considering these statements or they will ask for update near the completion of the processing...
your help and response will be much appreciated.
Thanks everyone and all the best to all of you.
Regards...

Edited by koolchamp81 - 29 Jan 2010 at 7:10pm
Tbone54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:41pm
I don't think its because I'm short listed Ekonkar, I only told them Im in Canada after I got the document request.

Ive got all my documents ready to go... but its just waiting for the Request to get sent. I redirected all my mail back to my parents so slowly making its way here :P.

tremor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tremor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 12:23am
To koolchamp81

When you applied you were a student which means they have to assess your skills by past work experience as you did not have any academic credentials. That's most likely why they ask for 10 years experience prior to your application. Did you apply under the Skilled Worker category ? I think that was a bit risky since you wouldn't have had the credentials at that time.

They didn't ask for a new IELTS so why bother ?

Edited by tremor - 30 Jan 2010 at 12:24am
tremor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tremor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 12:29am
To tbone54,

Just to let you know, I applied Feb 07 and they asked for my documents in Oct 08. I haven't heard anything from them since then. I hope mine was just a fluke but lately it's been difficult figuring out how long the next step is gonna take for the 2007 applicants.

the big burp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the big burp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 3:22am

hi koolchamp - welcome to the forum and congrats on the document request.

re your first question - you should send them sufficient documents to prove your work experience for the last 10 years (or how ever long you have worked in the last 10 years), e.g. references, work contract, pay slips. the most important things are the dates and the duties performed.

the principal applicant is the main applicant i.e. the one who has been designated as the primary applicant on the form (which usually means they have more points or better fulfil the requirements to the spouse)

getting aus citizenship is a slow process i know ppl who waited 6 or more months for the ceremony after all is accepted. maybe when you get a date of the ceremony (which is the date you will be granted citizenship) you should email or contact them to indicate you want the visa in the aus pport.

re the bank account, you need to show them you have sufficient funds so maybe if you dont have cash you can show share certificates or something but you will need to show evidnce of sufficient money.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic