Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying from Turkey Need Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sclaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying from Turkey Need Help
    Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 6:30am
My common-law partner and I have been working on the sponsorship application.
We have come up with some questions about the sponsor's pack and having trouble finding the answers.
I would appreciate  if any of you can help.

1) My boyfriend's mother is writing a letter of invitation and she really is going to support us financially when we arrive in Canada. Can she be a co-signer in the application?

2)We have joint bank account, soo many photos, chat logs from before he moved in Turkey, letters from friends telling that they are witnesses of our relationship, a plane ticket with both of our names on it when we went to İzmir for vacation. Letters from my parents and his mom. Also his residency permit has the same address written on it with my residency document. Do you think these things enough to prove the relationship? His name isn't on the rental agreement or any of the bills because i had been living here already for 3-4 months when he arrived, so those things were all arranged.

3)Should we need to get letters from friends and parents notarized?

4) There's a question in "IMM 5540 — Sponsor Questionnaire" where you should check the box for the last school you've completed. Also there's a blank where you must write the number of the years you studied. When he checkes high school is number of the years studied 5 or 12?

5) At the end of form "IMM 5409 — Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union" there's part Solemn Declaration. Do we need to get that form notarized too?

I may be too much for asking so many questions so detailed but since we don't have budget for hiring a consultant we are trying to do this thing all by ourselves and we need everything to be clear and complete to do it right.

I feel like I will have so many more questions during the process. Please pardon me from now for writing the longest posts :)

I am soo thankful for this forum and the helpful people who share all the information they have.
Sclaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sclaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 4:18pm
Hello again! Long time no response..
I a starting to think, there're so many people going trough the same process why do i have such detailed problems? Maybe I've been overthinking some of the stuff? I dunno...

I just wanted to remind you of my questions again. I don't ask a person to answer all of them in once. If you even know one of the answers please let me know.. I am getting frustrated and this is taking too much longer than we planned....

Thank you from now.

Peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic