Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which address should I use sending by ExpressPost
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which address should I use sending by ExpressPost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
xero9 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xero9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which address should I use sending by ExpressPost
    Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:53am
Just my 2c..  A courier company (eg FedEx, UPS, Purolator) will not deliver to a post office box, therefore you have to send applications by these companies to  CIC's Dorchester St address.  XpressPost is a "courier" service provided by Canada Post and CAN be delivered to a PO box.

That said, you can likely send it by Canada Post to either.  A courier company would need to go to #2 though.
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 9:44am
If you send it via UPS/Fedex/DHL, it can only be delivered to the street address. If you use Canada Post - regardless of which of their delivery methods - it can also go to the PO Box, to which couriers cannot deliver. In my experience with the government, PO Box deliveries tended to move through the system a bit faster in the initial stages for whatever reason. Perhaps because Canada Post was the only company that could deliver to a PO Box and shipments were not 'competing' with those sent in via courier companies. 

Either way - if you send it to one address or another you should be OK. The only thing you should NOT do is use UPS/Fedex etc to send something to a PO Box, but you can use Canada Post for either of the two addresses. 
Wannavote2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannavote2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 5:27am
Actually Canada Post' ExpressPost is a courier service (courier is a premium service defined by the features it has like speed, tracking, signature, etc... not the company you use) so you should use as I did the second one below, also pay the extra $1-2 for signature confirmation ( That is even why it make more sense to use #2 as #1 is just a P.O. Box so no one would be able to sign for it).
I too used xpress post with signature and even got to see with the tracking number online the person who signed for my application and also had an email confirmation when they received it... Great stuff compare to regular mail.
So definitely #2 from own personal experience.
2. Case Processing Centre, Sydney
Grant Adults
47-49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 3:27pm
Canada Post is not a courier and as a result you should send your documents to the following address, regardless of which Canada Post service you utilize. 

Case Processing Centre – Sydney
Grant Adults
P.O. Box 7000
Sydney, Nova Scotia  B1P 6V6
Canada
uwbuchanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uwbuchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 3:21pm

If I decide to send my application by Canada Post' ExpressPost, which address should I use?

1. Case Processing Centre – Sydney
Grant Adults
P.O. Box 7000
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 6V6

2. Case Processing Centre, Sydney
Grant Adults
47-49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic