Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ahhh helphelp paying fees

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ahhh helphelp paying fees
    Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:05pm
I was(mistakenly) told before that I'd be able to pay my fees online. Now my husband and I are looking to actually send off our application and the site is saying that i can't submit them online because my application is being sent to Buffalo

Am I doing this wrong? We're applying under family class, with him sponsoring me. But, though I'm in Canada with him now, we're applying as out of canada.

Can I pay my fees online or not?

If not, do I just get a canadian money order and attach it to my application?

blah, just when I thought I was done with all of the troubles. And I really need to send it soon before my background check expires. :(
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:21pm
Where on earth are you getting that from? Just pay the fees online, print off the receipt and include it with your application. Remember that no application is sent to any local visa office, they all go to Mississauga and are forwarded on to the visa office from there.

Payments

Edited by redeagle - 26 Jan 2010 at 10:24pm
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:24pm
well it asked where it's going so I chose Buffalo. I guess I should choose Missagua instead

It doesn't matter that it's going to be forwarded after?
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:27pm
If this is a sponsorship under the family class it must be sent mississauga, you aould be sending it to Buffalo or a local embassy only for other visas, such as work visa, study visa's etc.
It makes no difference where it ends up, it asks where YOU are sending it.

Edited by redeagle - 26 Jan 2010 at 10:28pm
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:30pm
oh thank godddd

I'm beyond ready to have this giant pile sent off to them and have it be in their hands. If I check this thing over one more damn time....
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:34pm
The more you check it, the more you know its right
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:38pm
yeah you can't check it enough!, the morning before I mailed ours I found my husband had forgotten a signature on a form that had like 3 places to sign, we thought it was all good the night before, had to drive to his workplace to have him sign it.
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:04pm
I agree, you cant check your application enough! You would kick yourself at a later date if your application was declined because you forgot to put something in or didnt sign a document ect...
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:18pm
hahah trust me I know

My husband and I really have everything put into this application. I don't know what we'd do if we weren't approved.

I wonder if the people looking over the apps realize that they have someone's life direction right there in their hands
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:22pm
I know, am like how can you put your life basicaly into someone elses hands, like your entire future together, rest in one simple email or letter. constant prayers I say....
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic