Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

URGENT - please help! Call from CIC today!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bender20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: URGENT - please help! Call from CIC today!
    Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 3:10pm

Hello to everyone on this forum! We are desperate for some assistance. To anyone who can shed light on our situation, it would be greatly appreciated!

Our application has been in process since May 2012. We recently received a request from the Guatemala Office (we applied outbound) to have new medicals done and to send a prepaid air waybill. Our second set of medicals (first set expired) were completed and sent mid-january. We just sent the air waybill to Guatemala last week, and tracking proves that it reached the embassy yesterday morning. This morning my husband received a call from CIC. We missed the call as my husband was at work. :(

I know people regularly receive calls from CIC when PR is being issued, but has it ever happened to anyone so fast that CIC calls the next day after receiving the documents requested from the applicant? I am more concerned that they are calling us over an issue (although all previous contact has been through our lawyer's office in Canada - this is the one and only contact that CIC has made to us directly). I find it hard to believe that they could issue the PR in one day (I'm hoping so, but I'm also trying to be realistic).

Has anyone else had this experience? Please advise. THANK YOU!!

computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 3:00pm
If you have a representative, it isn't likely that CIC would contact you ex parte on an issue in your case.  That would suggest that the nature of the call could not have been negative (ergo, they contact your lawyer in such cases.)

I do know that I've found when sending something via courier directly to the visa office, with the officer's name on the waybill, it gets to them very quickly.  So, it is quite possible that your waybill landed on the officer's desk, which prompted her/him to pull your file and say "everything's good to go on this..."

Have you e-mailed and requested status?

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic