Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland October/November/December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 12:01pm
Peachy, Is there a way to check without a file number?
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 9:25pm
Yes. I used my receipt number.
Peachy
OMOSapiens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMOSapiens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 10:41pm
Hello everybody.
I'm reading that a lot of your decisions were made in a month or so after your application was sent. Did you guys sent the application to Missisouga? did you ment the first stage decision?
I sent my application in missisouga and on the site I read that it takes 35 days in mississouga and average 7 months in Italy... but you all got the decision made sooner...

I'm confused....
Ravenesque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravenesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:31pm
My progress:

Nov-30-2009 - Sent to CPC-M
Dec-02-2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M
Dec-30-2009 - Processed and Decision made by CPC-M

Letter is in the mail!

-----------------------------------------
Dec-02-2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M
Dec-29-2009 - Sponsor Apprvl
Jan-14-2010 - AOR Buffalo
Feb-05-2010 - File to Seattle
diddagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 1:33am
Originally posted by OMOSapiens OMOSapiens wrote:

Hello everybody.
I'm reading that a lot of your decisions were made in a month or so after your application was sent. Did you guys sent the application to Missisouga? did you ment the first stage decision?
I sent my application in missisouga and on the site I read that it takes 35 days in mississouga and average 7 months in Italy... but you all got the decision made sooner...

I'm confused....

Hi OMOSapiens- 35 days is the average processing time in Mississauaga (for the sponsorship portion of the application). They are however, in many cases, processing it much fast then 35 days. (My sponsorship for instance was approved in 20 days). I think what you may be seeing is some people's sponsorship approval and decision made- but not their PR part of the application.
After sponsorship is approved, the application is forwarded to the local visa office. Some visa offices (specifically Buffalo) seem to be prcessing application in 1-2 months as of late, so there definitely has been fast approvals. Hope this helps and good luck!
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 3:35am
OMOSapiens - Diddagirl is right about the process; sponsorship done in Mississauga then PR application done in the local visa office for your country. That is the part that takes the longest. While some visa offices seem to be processing things very quickly (1-2 months), if your visa office takes longer, don't lose faith! Just keep an eye on the average processing times for your local visa office and as long as you are still within that, don't sweat it. You will get there!

But here is hoping that your visa office goes quicker than the norm!!
Peachy
flipxxxflop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flipxxxflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 10:39am
CONGRATS Ravenesque! My Fingers Are Crossed For You!!
App sent Nov 2
Received App-Nov 13
Started Processing-Dec 4
Decision Made-Dec. 4
Received Sponship Letter-Dec 12
AOR- Dec 16
Buffalo Started Processing. Dec 16
File Trans to Detroit-Jan 12

EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:16am
Currently it takes 38 days in CPC-M, we are talking about this only. Keep in mind that the 38days include 10days mailing, so it is in fact 28days.
EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 11:18am
Originally posted by peachy871 peachy871 wrote:

Is this the number starting with R0?
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by EgyCan EgyCan wrote:

Originally posted by peachy871 peachy871 wrote:

Is this the number starting with R0?

Yes, that is the one!
Peachy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
  Share Topic