Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland October/November/December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDKel_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 10:48pm
I just submitted my passport in Buffalo and landed on Tuesday. I had planned on getting to the consulate early, but I was driving in from Toronto and hit major traffic. I ended up arriving at the consulate around 9 am and the line wasn't too bad - maybe 5 people ahead of me. I was out of there by 11:30 am. Beacuse I had read on here about needing to wait a few hours before landing, I asked about it and was told that I didn't need to wait. I ended up waiting anyway since I made a quick trip to the mall :) I crossed back into Canada at around 3:30 pm and was literally in Immigration for less than 10 minutes. The immigration agent was super nice and only asked the required questions re: criminal convictions and dependents. Definitely the least stressful part of the whole process! 
outland app sent 1/19/10
rec'd by CPC-M 1/20/10
sponsorship approved 2/16/10
in process in Buffalo 3/15/10
PPR from Buffalo 4/7/10
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 4:24pm
I agree, it was the easiest part by far.

Our list said things like 3 suitcases of clothes, 2 boxes of miscellaneous. We did have more details for his car and tv and our Wii, but they barely looked at it except for the car. Our "goods to follow" list said we would be bringing 3 boxes of like family souvenirs or something. I don't remember the wording. This is because his mom has some of his childhood treasures that she is organizing for us to take, and some pictures and stuff.
iommi123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iommi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 2:17pm
Hi All Smile

My trip to Buffalo for visa and landing went smoothly.  I was at CIC around 7:10am, second in line.  At 8am sharp, the officer started to issue numbers and take a look at passports.  We went upstairs in groups of 10. Handed in my cell phone and took a seat.  My number was called and I went up to service window and handed over PPR email, pass port, and 3 pictures.  Then sit back down and wait(Wow the wait area got very congested quickly).  It took less than 2 hours to get my passport back with my visa sticker.  The lady at the service counter suggested I look over the COPR and make sure the information was correct.  I asked if I could land in Canada right away and she said yes.  So...back to the hotel I went to check out, grab a bite to eat, and off I went to Fort Erie Peace Bridge.  The CBSA officers where very nice.  That took about 15 minutes total.  First take the yellow slip given by the CBSA officer to the immigration counter, the officer asked for my pass port and the COPR.  Very nice guy asked a few questions and signed the COPR.  After that, I was directed to the customs counter to go over my goods to follow. The customs officer looked relieved I had the B4 and B4a all filled out.  She took a few moments to talk with me and answer questions.  She stamped my forms, made me some copies, and sent me to cashier counter for a blue/white billing slip.  
What a relief it is done!!!

Ironic part about the landing was my friend(US citizen) who took the trip with me, upon return to the US got scolded by the Border patrol woman.  She said, "YOUR NOT COMPLIANT!!!" because all he had was a driver license and a birth certificate.  LOL
10/29/2009-Appl sent CPC-M
11/16/2009-Approved
12/09/2009-AOR Buffalo
12/21/2009-IA req PC
12/22/2009-RPRF
01/16/2010-RPRF paid
02/02/2010-PC sent
04/21/2010-PPR :)
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 6:30pm
Hurrayyyy!! Congratulations, iommi123!! That is wonderful news!! Glad to hear it is all done!!
Peachy
diddagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by iommi123 iommi123 wrote:

Hi All Smile

My trip to Buffalo for visa and landing went smoothly.  I was at CIC around 7:10am, second in line.  At 8am sharp, the officer started to issue numbers and take a look at passports.  We went upstairs in groups of 10. Handed in my cell phone and took a seat.  My number was called and I went up to service window and handed over PPR email, pass port, and 3 pictures.  Then sit back down and wait(Wow the wait area got very congested quickly).  It took less than 2 hours to get my passport back with my visa sticker.  The lady at the service counter suggested I look over the COPR and make sure the information was correct.  I asked if I could land in Canada right away and she said yes.  So...back to the hotel I went to check out, grab a bite to eat, and off I went to Fort Erie Peace Bridge.  The CBSA officers where very nice.  That took about 15 minutes total.  First take the yellow slip given by the CBSA officer to the immigration counter, the officer asked for my pass port and the COPR.  Very nice guy asked a few questions and signed the COPR.  After that, I was directed to the customs counter to go over my goods to follow. The customs officer looked relieved I had the B4 and B4a all filled out.  She took a few moments to talk with me and answer questions.  She stamped my forms, made me some copies, and sent me to cashier counter for a blue/white billing slip.  
What a relief it is done!!!

Ironic part about the landing was my friend(US citizen) who took the trip with me, upon return to the US got scolded by the Border patrol woman.  She said, "YOUR NOT COMPLIANT!!!" because all he had was a driver license and a birth certificate.  LOL

Glad to see it all went well! It's funny hearing all that- I recall everything you are saying in detail, and it brings back memories. HAPPY memories of the end of a long and exciting journey, and the beginning of a new adventure :)
Congrats and good luck iommi!
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 9:42am
Congrats! Welcome to Canada! Glad it went well, and its finally over for you. Its a good feeling. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
  Share Topic