Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland October/November/December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravenesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 12:39pm

Sorry for the slow response! I've been engaged over the weekend with the Olympic games--went the victory ceremony on Friday, men's hockey bronze medal on Saturday, and men's hockey gold on Sunday. Woo hoo for Canada! We won GOLD!!! 

Anyhoo, FYI for those who want to know what a PPR (from the Seattle Consulate) looks like:

Date March 1, 2010

Mr. XXX

Re: File #  XXX

This concerns your application for permanent residence in Canada.

To complete processing of your application, I require valid passports for you and any accompanying family members.You must provide your passport(s) within 30 days of the date of this letter.

On receipt of your passport(s) your permanent resident visa(s) will be valid until 05 November 2010 or the expiry of your passport(s) - whichever period is shorter.  Please note that this is the date on or before which you and all of your accompanying dependents must present your immigrant visa(s) to a Canadian immigration officer at a port-of-entry into Canada to become a permanent resident.

If you have a mailing address in Canada or the United States, please send us your passport(s).  Your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form(s) will be returned to you by mail, according to the document return procedure enclosed.

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the United States, you must deliver your passport(s) in person, Thursday, 8:00 am to 11:00 am.  SAME DAY SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE.  Your passport(s) and COPR form(s) will be returned to you the following Thursday, between 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm.  If you do not come to the Consulate to pick up your passports, they will be returned to you by mail, according to the document return procedure enclosed.

Pursuant to subsection 50(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations in addition to a permanent resident visa, you must hold a passport or travel document if you are seeking to become a permanent resident.

Pursuant to subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act a visa shall be issued if, following an examination, an officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.  If you have not provided your passport(s) to our office within 30 days as indicated above, I will consider that you have not met the requirements of subsection 50(1) of the regulations.  In that event, I will refuse your application.

Please note visa expiry dates will not be extended.  If you cannot use your visa(s) before the expiry date and still want to emigrate to Canada, you must reapply. You would have to submit a new application for permanent residence and pay a new processing fee.  There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The issuance of your permanent resident visa is based upon the information you provided to us prior to this date, concerning your marital status (and that of your family members, if any), the composition of your family and the money you will transfer to Canada. If any of this information has changed, or you know that it will change prior to using your permanent resident visa, you must inform this office immediately. Examples of changes in family composition include a new spouse or a new child. You should also inform this office if you or an accompanying family member is pregnant. Failure to inform this office of such changes could affect your admissibility to Canada and result in the refusal of your admission to Canada or in your removal from Canada after becoming a permanent resident.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

-----------------------------------------
Dec-02-2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M
Dec-29-2009 - Sponsor Apprvl
Jan-14-2010 - AOR Buffalo
Feb-05-2010 - File to Seattle
Ravenesque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravenesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 12:41pm

Peachy, dang! I wonder what the heck happened. Any updates so far?

peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:54pm
Hi Ravenesque! No updates or responses from CIC yet from our email. I actually kind of doubt they will acknowledge our email apologizing and letting them know that their first email did not come through. We will definitely go there for the interview and hope for the best. On the Tokyo Timeline thread here, someone suggested that CIC will likely be most interested in why we have not chosen to get married. No problem with answering that: it's because I wanted to do things in a certain order. Moving to Canada with my common-law partner first, then finding our feet and getting married comes next..at least in my head!

I was nervous and worried about going for the interview at first, but now I am looking forward to it...of course that is easy to say...I won't be the one interviewed! I was told by someone else though, that he went with his partner for moral support and since he was there, they asked him if they could interview him too. I wouldn't mind if they do that to me. I will be there with him (as we have decided to make it a weekend away in Tokyo) so would be more than happy to do an interview if will help our case!

Will definitely keep you posted!
Peachy
ritosgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ritosgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 11:45pm
hello!!  i just wanted to give a quick update on my husbands pr application!  this morning, i took  the liberty of checking his email.... there was an email from new york!!  it said that the passport request letter is in the mail!!  woohooo!!!  it will be wonderful for him to have the ppr in his hands... and we can finish this crazy process!! :)
full payment made: 10/28/09
recieved cpcm: 10/30/09
approved and sent to buffalo: 11/23/09
pr app "in process": 01/08/10
file transfer new york: 01/28/10
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 2:38am
congratulations.
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 7:18am
Congrats! 
SCsquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 9:11am
Congrats ritosgirl.. i m so happy for u..
i m wishing n prayng everyday that I too receive my PPR soon now...
App Sent cpc-m - 28th Aug 09
Sponsorship App - 17th Nov 09
AOR from buffalo - 14th Dec 09
Interview Scheduled - 21st Jul 10
Passport requested , aprroved n passport received - 21st July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravenesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by ritosgirl ritosgirl wrote:

hello!!  i just wanted to give a quick update on my husbands pr application!  this morning, i took  the liberty of checking his email.... there was an email from new york!!  it said that the passport request letter is in the mail!!  woohooo!!!  it will be wonderful for him to have the ppr in his hands... and we can finish this crazy process!! :)

Congrats, ritosgirl! Hubby got his passport request letter as a pdf via email, so I'm guessing they'll also be sending it via snail mail too. Hubby went to drop his passport off this morning and will be able to pick it up next week.

Whew! I feel like a big load has been lifted off my shoulders. Now the next phase--landing, moving and settling in. Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravenesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 1:11pm
@ SCsquare, slow as it is, the time will come for you too!

@ Peachy, keep us posted!
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 7:30pm
Thanks, Ravenesque! I am sure it will all go well! I am still bewildered as why they would send a request like that through email only and not have sent anything via snail mail. Oh well!
Peachy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
  Share Topic