Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland October/November/December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 1:33pm
Hey guys, it looks like we all have alot in common. I'm the new guy here! I put my status in my signature like everyone else has.
Jan 22-Sponsor App received
Feb 17-Sponsor App approved
March 11-PR App received
March 23-PR App forwarded to Detroit?
iommi123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iommi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:01pm
I am happy to report, Buffalo has sent a passport request today :) I'm planning on driving to Buffalo to get the visa and land the same day.  
10/29/2009-Appl sent CPC-M
11/16/2009-Approved
12/09/2009-AOR Buffalo
12/21/2009-IA req PC
12/22/2009-RPRF
01/16/2010-RPRF paid
02/02/2010-PC sent
04/21/2010-PPR :)
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:07pm
Congratulations! That is great! But be careful...they might not be ready to give you the visa on the same day that they receive the passport. My partner was approved for a visa at his interview yet they did not give back his passport on the spot; he had to wait for it to be mailed.

But then again, we weren't applying through U.S. Perhaps that is standard for Buffalo, I really don't know. Perhaps someone else who has gone through the procedures at Buffalo would know if they always issue the visa immediately upon receipt of the passport. They could advise better than I.

That being said, I sure do hope it all goes through for you and you can indeed land on the same day!! Good luck iommi123!!
Peachy
iommi123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iommi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:45pm
Thanks Peachy
I have read other peoples experiences when getting visa/landing the same day.  The IO advise a 3-4 hour wait after visa / before landing so their system can be updated.  I plan on going early to ensure I have plenty of time.  I need to get my landing done quickly because my medical expires mid May.  My husband and I planned a holiday second week of May...I don't have much time.
People have reported a smooth process getting visa and landing in the same day.  This forum is great, lots of information shared.  People call it flag pole landing...after landing I would enter back into the US to settle affairs, fly to Vancouver end of May.  I'm determined AND motivated to get things done asap.

11/16/2009-Approved
12/09/2009-AOR Buffalo
12/21/2009-IA req PC
12/22/2009-RPRF
01/16/2010-RPRF paid
02/02/2010-PC sent
diddagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by iommi123 iommi123 wrote:

Thanks Peachy
I have read other peoples experiences when getting visa/landing the same day.  The IO advise a 3-4 hour wait after visa / before landing so their system can be updated.  I plan on going early to ensure I have plenty of time.  I need to get my landing done quickly because my medical expires mid May.  My husband and I planned a holiday second week of May...I don't have much time.
People have reported a smooth process getting visa and landing in the same day.  This forum is great, lots of information shared.  People call it flag pole landing...after landing I would enter back into the US to settle affairs, fly to Vancouver end of May.  I'm determined AND motivated to get things done asap.

Iommi- Definitely get there early (I recommend 7 am!!) We were there at about 6:50-ish and were the second in line. By 8 am thought- the line was MASSIVE!! Overall, easy process though...
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 10:57am
Congrats! We got to the Consulate at 7:30 and were 10th in line. And it grew rapidly after then. So I second getting there very early.

We didn't land the same day but we could have if it hadn't been for his car. We needed to give the US side 72 hours notice of exporting it, and that worked out to the next morning, so we made a mini vacation of it. So I am sure you can do it!
iommi123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iommi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 10:58am

Iommi- Definitely get there early (I recommend 7 am!!) We were there at about 6:50-ish and were the second in line. By 8 am thought- the line was MASSIVE!! Overall, easy process though...
[/QUOTE]

:) Thanks diddagirl I will make sure I am early.  Anybody else care to share helpful information?

I'm so nervous actually, my husband won't be with me.  Maybe I have post traumatic border disorder from years of crossing the border between Seattle/Vancouver...needing a brief case of proof every time, my intentions of going back to the US.  I have not been to Canada visiting my husband since 2007 because of the anxiety caused, I've made him come here ;) what a guy.  I'm sick of kissing the telephone goodnight LOL I'm soo ready to kiss him goodnight instead!!Embarrassed

11/16/2009-Approved
12/09/2009-AOR Buffalo
12/21/2009-IA req PC
12/22/2009-RPRF
01/16/2010-RPRF paid
02/02/2010-PC sent
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 1:21pm
It was way easier for us than any border crossing before then! Everyone is happy and congratulatory instead of wanting to interrogate you. Bring a good book. You go up to the Consulate floor, give them your passport, and sit and wait for a few hours. Then there are the 3-4 hours you have to wait before you cross the border. But other than the waiting, its super easy compared to any other part of the process.
diddagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by dealic dealic wrote:

It was way easier for us than any border crossing before then! Everyone is happy and congratulatory instead of wanting to interrogate you. Bring a good book. You go up to the Consulate floor, give them your passport, and sit and wait for a few hours. Then there are the 3-4 hours you have to wait before you cross the border. But other than the waiting, its super easy compared to any other part of the process.

We lucked out, and only wait about an hour total! Being that there was only 1 person ahead of us, it went quick. I agree with dealic- they are much nicer then the border crossing agents!

iommi- when you arrive, you will look for the Canadian Consulate sign in the main lobby... and line up there. Its a completely secured building, so you have to wait in the lobby (by the sign) until the consulate opens at 8, at which time they begin bringing people up in the elevator. A side note- the people that work the building ie) security, take themselves and their jobs WAY too seriously... we got a good chuckle out of them!
iommi123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iommi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 10:42pm
I'm extremely grateful to have this information.  We just want the end to go smoothly.  I'm confused about what I should declare as far as goods/goods to follow.  I am landing in Canada and returning to the US the same day.  No vehicle to import/export.  Do I declare 2 suitcase worth of clothes and shoes on my goods to follow?  How detailed should my list be?  I am sorry for so many questions...any ideas? 
Thanks
11/16/2009-Approved
12/09/2009-AOR Buffalo
12/21/2009-IA req PC
12/22/2009-RPRF
01/16/2010-RPRF paid
02/02/2010-PC sent
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
  Share Topic