Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland October/November/December

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:16pm
Wahoo!!! Logged into e-cas this morning expecting nothing... and low and behold, DECISION MADE! When I click on Decision made it says:
We started processing your application on November 4, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

For some reason Buffalo has not been emailing anything to us, just regular mail. So I guess we wait for PPR request now? I am sooo happy and excited. Total time from when Mississauga recieved application to when Buffalo made decision = 2 months and 5 days!!

YorkFactory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YorkFactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:45pm
Yeah, I haven't gotten anything electronic from Buffalo except for the generic form e-mail with my name and immigration file number.

I'm two days by mail from Buffalo, so if they sent something on Monday after the mail pickup, or on Tuesday, I might get it today. (I'm hoping the Canadian address format doesn't confuse the USPS; we've been OK so far.)
diddagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:36pm
Did your app just change to Decision Made as well York Factory? If so, keep me updated on your PPR letter!
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:39pm
Yay Diddagirl!!!!! I was hoping you'd hear soon! This is amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
netrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:17pm
I don't suppose anyone knows what period of time they don't work over the Xmas/New Year period? Do they happen to take a few weeks off? Lol.
diddagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by dealic dealic wrote:

Yay Diddagirl!!!!! I was hoping you'd hear soon! This is amazing!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Aw, thanks dealic!! So I guess the secret wish came true for both of us, and we are a couple of those lucky people who got their application finalized in just 2 months! (Even though I think you guys hold the record for FASTEST decision ever made!;)

By the way, how are things going for you guys? Is hubby getting settled into Canada yet? I am sure everything feels absolutely AMAZING for you right now..!!
anna27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:32pm

App Sent

Aug 17th

App Received Mississauga

Aug 19th

Approval letter

Sept 15th

In process

Sept 28th

Fingerprints done

Oct 6th

IA complete

Nov 5th

did anyone recieve a letter from buffalo office stating that Initial assessment is complete and no interview is needed.....now what is gonig to happen......it's almost a month when i received the letter and my status is still IN PROCESS since sept 28th.....
diddagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diddagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:49pm
Hey Anna,
I did receive an Initial Assessment letter, stating no interview required. It did state that although they had proof of his medicals being completed, they had yet to receive them. Did yours state anything about that? If they are not requiring any additional documents, and no interview, more then likely they are waiting in the medicals before they finalize the application.

Edited by diddagirl - 10 Dec 2009 at 11:50pm
YorkFactory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YorkFactory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:59am
Originally posted by diddagirl diddagirl wrote:

Did your app just change to Decision Made as well York Factory? If so, keep me updated on your PPR letter!

Yeah, it changed at some point before about 1:30 pm on Monday.

Nothing via e-mail yet, and nothing in the regular mail as of yesterday evening. I hope they've sent it already if they're sending it via regular mail, because I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks.
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by diddagirl diddagirl wrote:

Originally posted by dealic dealic wrote:

Aw, thanks dealic!! So I guess the secret wish came true for both of us, and we are a couple of those lucky people who got their application finalized in just 2 months! (Even though I think you guys hold the record for FASTEST decision ever made!;)

By the way, how are things going for you guys? Is hubby getting settled into Canada yet? I am sure everything feels absolutely AMAZING for you right now..!!

I know, I am happy for us both! Its going amazingly! I love having him here. He got his SIN Number the day he landed and has been applying for jobs and also to college for next September. Its so amazing to be finally moving forward.

I hope you get your letter soon!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
  Share Topic