Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying for new work permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vermicelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying for new work permit
    Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 1:17pm
I'm a caregiver and I want to change employer so I submit a new work permit application but last month the Case Processing Department send a mail and the letter says 'This letter is to inform you that the processing of your request will take longer than anticipated.' , and I should wait for another 16 weeks. Does anybody had the same experience? Does it mean that there's a chance for my application to be refuse? Thanks.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 6:26am
Did you submit a LMO with your application?

Originally posted by vermicelli vermicelli wrote:

I'm a caregiver and I want to change employer so I submit a new work permit application but last month the Case Processing Department send a mail and the letter says 'This letter is to inform you that the processing of your request will take longer than anticipated.' , and I should wait for another 16 weeks. Does anybody had the same experience? Does it mean that there's a chance for my application to be refuse? Thanks.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
vermicelli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vermicelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 6:28am
Yes and I got a positive LMO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 2:36am
How long have you worked for your current employer? Any relation to your current employer?

Yes and I got a positive LMO.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vermicelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:44am
Thanks for your response,I came here last January 2011 and was released upon arrival (I didn't work for them) and I didn't have any employer since then, I don't have relation with this employer as well. But the employer on this work permit that I'm applying to is my uncle, when I was still in the Philippines they are trying to sponsor me as well but my application was denied because of the T4 issues, but now they're trying to sponsor me again, thinking that it would be a different story because I'm already here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 12:57pm
Did you send a copy of your WP with the employer who released you? Did your uncle advertise before offering you the job (signing contract/applying for the LMO)?

Thanks for your response,I came here last January 2011 and was released upon arrival (I didn't work for them) and I didn't have any employer since then, I don't have relation with this employer as well. But the employer on this work permit that I'm applying to is my uncle, when I was still in the Philippines they are trying to sponsor me as well but my application was denied because of the T4 issues, but now they're trying to sponsor me again, thinking that it would be a different story because I'm already here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vermicelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 1:29pm
Yes, he post an add on the job bank first before applying LMO, and he send a copy of my initial WP as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic