Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Visa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
onj2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onj2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Visa
    Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:11pm
I also have a quick question regarding the co-signer for the super visa. My husband and I have both decided to invite his parents to come visit us here in British Columbia and I want to know if the application for the super visa for them will be affected with my current status as I am currently on maternity leave since last year. I can come back to work at any time but my son is on the process of transition from breastfeed to bottle feeding. We have met the requirements for the LICO but just the fact that I am on maternity leave is bothers me. Thank you so much.
onj2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onj2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:10pm
I also have a quick question regarding the co-signer for the super visa. My husband and I have both decided to invite his parents to come visit us here in British Columbia and I want to know if the application for the super visa for them will be affected with my current status as I am currently on maternity leave since last year. I can come back to work at any time but my son is on the process of transition from breastfeed to bottle feeding. We have met the requirements for the LICO but just the fact that I am on maternity leave is bothers me. Thank you so much.
Kmack2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kmack2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 5:48pm
Thanks for the info. I become very annoyed with this joke of a immigration system we have here in Canada. You got be rich to bring ur parents to unite with you and all other avenues are extremely expensive or time consuming. How difficult is it to come to Canada as a live-in caregiver ?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 3:54pm
Hi

Originally posted by scylla scylla wrote:

Yes - a non family member can sponsor someone from Indonesia as a live-in caregiver. To qualify, the live-in caregiver must have at least six months of related training or a year of full-time paid work experience in the past three years.

Details are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

I don't know if the nanny can bring her spouse.

1. As to the OP's first questions, as the parents are Failed Refugee Claimants, they have close to nil chances of getting a visitor visa.
2. No, living caregivers can't bring their spouses.
PMM
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 1:49pm
Yes - a non family member can sponsor someone from Indonesia as a live-in caregiver. To qualify, the live-in caregiver must have at least six months of related training or a year of full-time paid work experience in the past three years.

Details are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

I don't know if the nanny can bring her spouse.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Kmack2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kmack2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 1:42pm
Ok I understand now thanks a bunch. How about my second questions, any thoughts on if that's possible and how hard it is to do without a lawyer?
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:34pm
No - your wife's aunt can't be a co-signer.

Also, it doesn't sound like you are calculating LICO correctly. When calculating LICO, you need to include everyone in your current family + your wife's parents.

Do you have any children? Do you have any other dependents (such as your parents)?

If not, then you need to show LICO for 4 people (you, your wife, and her parents).

If you have children or other depdendents, then you need to add these individuals in as well and show LICO to cover them too.
Kmack2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kmack2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:31pm
My second question is, can a non family member sponsor someone from indonesia to be a live in nanny. And if so can the nanny bring her spouse as long as the sponsor puts on paper that they will both live at there home while taking care of the children and obviously be paid for there work ?
Kmack2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kmack2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:22pm
Ok thank you for your response. Can the co-sponser be the sister of my wife's father who is a citizen of Canada? She does have to children she supports plus her mother who she sponsored years ago. But her yearly income is fairly big so combined with my wife's it would be well over the LICO of $28,000 for 2 people.

Would this be allowed ?

Thank you very much.
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 12:09pm
Yes - I'm sure.

LICO is the income amount required to support your current family + your wife's parents. Your wife's mother's employer isn't part of your family and likely has his own family to support. For this reason it makes sense that only your income can be included in the LICO application and a non-family member's income cannot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic