Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Application Queue and delay missing docs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AChuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Application Queue and delay missing docs
    Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 7:59pm
CIC received my application on sept 30 2011 and acknowledged that they received it on Dec 5. But then they replied and asked for a missing document now the processing time as increased. I called them and they said that since I had to resubmit the application my application was treated as incomplete and therefore will take another 56 days as posted on their website. Is this true or are they messing with me?

Application type Family Class
Spouse is located abroad.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 8:29pm
Hi

Originally posted by AChuck AChuck wrote:

CIC received my application on sept 30 2011 and acknowledged that they received it on Dec 5. But then they replied and asked for a missing document now the processing time as increased. I called them and they said that since I had to resubmit the application my application was treated as incomplete and therefore will take another 56 days as posted on their website. Is this true or are they messing with me?
Application type Family Class
Spouse is located abroad.

No they are not messing with you. Read the disclaimer at the top of the processing charts, "based on a complete application received" If they returned your application, then it starts from the beginning of the pile.

Edited by pmm - 08 Feb 2012 at 8:30pm
PMM
AChuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AChuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 8:40pm
Man that's cold. given the time and effort that we place into that application, how can it start over if just one doc was missing? They received the application and it was entered into the system. How can this be?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic