Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Link for Temporary Resident Visa (Worker)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Link for Temporary Resident Visa (Worker)
    Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 10:20am
Can somebody please share the link for the Temporary Resident Visa (Worker) application? I searched on the website and I'm quite confused how to do the application. My friend got an extension in her current job as temporary foreign worker and the employer applied for her work permit. All she needs is a visa re-entry coz she's planning to go for a 3-week vacation in the Philippines. Please help as we need to do her papers before she goes home. She wants to do the visa here so she won't have problem when she goes on vacation. Thanks, I appreciate any helpWink
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 2:06pm

Hi

Originally posted by nadeen nadeen wrote:

Can somebody please share the link for the Temporary Resident Visa (Worker) application? I searched on the website and I'm quite confused how to do the application. My friend got an extension in her current job as temporary foreign worker and the employer applied for her work permit. All she needs is a visa re-entry coz she's planning to go for a 3-week vacation in the Philippines. Please help as we need to do her papers before she goes home. She wants to do the visa here so she won't have problem when she goes on vacation. Thanks, I appreciate any helpWink

Here is the link for Buffalo. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/forms_temporary_resident_temporaire_formulaires.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
PMM
nadeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 8:21pm
Thank you PMM. One more question please, are we using the same form with that of a tourist?M y friend is a contract worker.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 1:05am

Hi

Thank you PMM. One more question please, are we using the same form with that of a tourist?M y friend is a contract worker.

Yes. S/he is applying for a re-entry visa. She will need to send a copy of her work permit. Read through all the instructions.
PMM
nadeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 7:44pm
Thank you so much PMM, you're very helpful.
nadeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:13pm
So we've finished doing all my friend's paper using this link. However, her co-wroker said that the form we should use is TRV application from inside Canada as she is presently here now. I went over the website for Buffalo (as I believe that's where we're going to file the application), but I couldn't find the form that says application from within/inside Canada.

Can somebody confirm please if what form should we use? Sorry for being so persistent but we just wanna make sure that her application won't go back as her schedule is tight.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:50pm
Hi

So we've finished doing all my friend's paper using this link. However, her co-wroker said that the form we should use is TRV application from inside Canada as she is presently here now. I went over the website for Buffalo (as I believe that's where we're going to file the application), but I couldn't find the form that says application from within/inside Canada.

Can somebody confirm please if what form should we use? Sorry for being so persistent but we just wanna make sure that her application won't go back as her schedule is tight.

Your friend's co-worker hasn't got a clue about what she is talking about. You CAN'Tapply for a TRV in Canada. You have to apply at overseas office, that is why you can't find the form on www.cic.gc.ca to apply in Canada.
PMM
nadeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 9:46am

Geez, I spent so much time looking for those forms. Clueless meSmile

Thanks a lot PMM! 
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 10:07am

..... we should use is TRV application from inside Canada as she is presently here now. ....
There is only ONE type of TRV application and it is from outside of Canada. The same TRV application for someone who is visiting for the first time or someone who has lived 10 years in Canada as a foreigner.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 11:45pm
Sooooooo TRUE

Originally posted by MajidS MajidS wrote:

..... we should use is TRV application from inside Canada as she is presently here now. ....

There is only ONE type of TRV application and it is from outside of Canada. The same TRV application for someone who is visiting for the first time or someone who has lived 10 years in Canada as a foreigner.
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic