Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calgary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambooz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:23am
Hi
I was just going through the forum and think that even I could be in for Calgary and would appreciate help rendered by all of you and esp Mrs Sam - Thanks
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:49am
Okay, looks like the major topic of interest for you guys is Jobs... eh? lol I had to add that because we reallly do say that! LOL

Labour Market Information (http://www.labourmarketinformation.ca)

Answer your questions about jobs, skills and the availability of workers in local areas across Canada.

Canada Job Bank is the *BEST* Resource (in  my eyes as it's free for employers to advertise and it's operated by the Government of Canada plus currently there are 25917 jobs posted!)

http://jobbank.gc.ca

Here's the direct link to the Job Bank Search

Specialty Job Types:

Placement Agencies:

Government Jobs

• Careers in the Public Service
  • Contract Work
  • Department and Agency Direct Hiring
  • Municipal Government
  • Provincial and Territorial Government
  • Public Service Commission

Geographical Distribution (for other provinces because you never know who will read this thread)

• Alberta
  • British Columbia
  • Manitoba
  • Newfoundland and Labrador
  • New-Brunswick
  • Northwest Territories
  • Nova Scotia
  • Nunavut
  • Ontario
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Quebec
  • Saskatchewan
  • Yukon Territory
  • National

Government Jobs - Department and Agency Direct Hiring

Job Site Consolidators (Just a few, I will add more later)

• Edited by Mrs.Sam - 12 Dec 2009 at 2:45am
    "Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
    Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:00am
    Hi krisp,

I hope my previous post (above) helps you out.... but being an agriculturalist in Canada!!!!! ABSOLUTELY! We have have nothing but farmers in Alberta & Saskatchewan hehehe, we are the prairies after all! LOL You'll love this place!

Originally posted by krisp krisp wrote:

Mrs. Sam,

How about being an agriculturalist in Canada? What other self emplyoment options do you advise in the case jobs are not easy to come by in hands.
    vinod_david View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinod_david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:04pm
    A big thanks to Mrs. Sam for such a big help to us all.

:)
    AOR → 18.July.2005 | WL → 15.Jan.2008 | Refund Received | End Of Dream
    jbeanz77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeanz77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:33pm
    Thanks Mrs Sam,  I am going through the links, they are of great help.

Cheers
    App 30/08/06
    Docs sent 28/11/08
    Meds Sent 23/09/09
    PP Req 18/01/2010
    PP sent 18/02/2010
    Approved 03/03/2010
    krisp View Drop Down
    Top Member
    Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:16am
    Great work , Mrs. Sam.
    https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
    imran01 View Drop Down
    Top Member
    Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:36am
    Originally posted by sachnbapat sachnbapat wrote:

Hi All,

I have already got my visa 7 am planning an April landing. Kindly post any useful info regarding places to stay, job scenario, good cheap hotel/temporary stays etc in Calgary.

This will be useful to people who intend to land in this city.

Thanx.

krisp View Drop Down
    Top Member
    Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:26pm
    Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

Hi krisp,

I hope my previous post (above) helps you out.... but being an agriculturalist in Canada!!!!! ABSOLUTELY! We have have nothing but farmers in Alberta & Saskatchewan hehehe, we are the prairies after all! LOL You'll love this place!

Mrs. Sam,

How about being an agriculturalist in Canada? What other self emplyoment options do you advise in the case jobs are not easy to come by in hands.

Thank you for the post . But not much information on the question asked at the end.
    https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
    NARANG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 11:36pm
    thanks mrs. sam
    Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 2:40am
    Hi krisp,

Well, it totally depends on what your qualifications are, experience, etc, how much start up money you have and how hard you are willing to work I suppose.  Self-employment depends on many different factors, you cannot just start up a company and expect to dollars to come running in. You are going to need connections and knowledge about the industry.... but all of that depends on what your qualifications and education are. Self employment takes guts and sacrifice, which I am not sure you want to tackle when you get to a new country.

Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

Hi krisp,

Mrs. Sam,

Thank you for the post . But not much information on the question asked at the end.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
      Share Topic