Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

May 2009 applications

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 41>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 8:54pm
SonSom,

Well if I were you I would write a formal letter. Hand it on test day or post it later I don't see a difference.

Have a nice vacation and safe travels.

Cheers!

Originally posted by SomSom SomSom wrote:

Thanks a lot Beaver and mrstaycation. I greatly appreciate your help.

I think I'll call the CIC and let them know even before the exam (my test is scheduled for next week). Would you recommend me telling them on the date of the exam as well (or perhaps take a formal letter to the exam to add to the file)? I don't want to leave the officer with the impression that I'm one of those people who doesn't really live here (because I do live here, it just happens to be around my one-per-year vacation time now). At the same time, really like them to get to know that I am not around for four weeks ... Please advise.

SomSom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SomSom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 11:49am
Thank you everybody for so many useful comments. I totally appreciate your help :-)

I decided to take the letter to the test and let them know + call the call center in advance and let them know. I hope it works out fine.

Thanks again a lot everyone and all the best with your applications.
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 3:22pm
You're welcome SomSom. Good luck in test day + safe travels.Smile

Originally posted by SomSom SomSom wrote:

Thank you everybody for so many useful comments. I totally appreciate your help :-)

I decided to take the letter to the test and let them know + call the call center in advance and let them know. I hope it works out fine.

Thanks again a lot everyone and all the best with your applications.
may2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote may2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 4:30am
hello folks here 's my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 5, 2009. 

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on May 5, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 22, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on March 29, 2010. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
TorontoGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorontoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:18am
Here my update:

Applied in May 22, 2009.
Received by Sydney May 25, 2009.
In process February 01, 2010
Transferred March 10/2010 to St.Clair office
Test June 21, 2010

Waiting for oath

TG
TorontoGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorontoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:24am
Here my update:

Applied in May 22, 2009.
Test June 21, 2010

Waiting for oath

TG
Lukas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:28am
Hi Guys,, finally I got my test date for July 15, after transfering my file from Calgary to Scarbrough
and a long wait,  I called this morning and the agent told me the good news. Does anybody knows what is the timeline for oath after the test in scarborough office???

I applied in May 22

Edited by Lukas - 23 Jun 2010 at 11:14am
Alamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Lukas Lukas wrote:

Hi Guys,, finally I got my test date for July 15, after transfering my file from Calgary to Scarborough and a long wait,  I called this morning and the agent told me the good news. Does anybody knows what is the timeline for oath after the test in scarborough office???

I applied in May 22

Very good news Lukas congrats. 14 months is very fast to get test done for Calgary for others it was 17 and 18 months. Best wishes and keep us posted after test. Thx
zana View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by TorontoGuy TorontoGuy wrote:

Here my update:

Applied in May 22, 2009.
Test June 21, 2010

Waiting for oath

TG
how do u know y pass ,

Lukas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 11:16am
Thanks a lot Alamo, it's been a long journey that hopefully will end with a proudly Canadian citizenship. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 41>
  Share Topic