Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Immigration.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about Immigration.
    Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 2:44pm
Hi there,

I my self am a Canadian citizen, my common law that I've been living with for some time( In poland) and I have decided we want to move back to Canada. Now hearing about this 2 year Freeze(though I have not been able to find Official news clipping for it or anything on the CIC website about it) has us a bit worried. Toronto would be our destination of choice however what would be the best way to go about's this?

Marriage is something we're already wanting to do however does it make a difference where we get married? is there a difference when a child is involved ? and how does this 2 year freeze effect people? also if possible is there a link that can be provided with information pertaining to the 2 year freeze? 

Thanks in advance.
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 2:46pm
The two year freeze applies to parent and grand parent applications only - not spousal / common law applications.

If you have been living together for at least one full year, you can apply common law. You don't have to get married.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic