Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents’ sponsorship: 90 days deadline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuun2002vn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by absrox absrox wrote:

All.
I got passport request for my parents last week. Had a couple of Qs:
- They are not in the home country (India) for the last 1 year. Do they have to get it stamped in India? Or can I request it to be moved to Singapore where they are now? On the email, they asked me to submit in India
- they also mentioned to submit all expired passports. My dad has one missing from the 1970s. Will that be needed?

Thanks in advance!
Congrats ClapBeer 
yuun2002vn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuun2002vn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:39pm
GOOD NEWS!!!   Today got email to request submit passport for visa stamp. Yay!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsor my parents:

My Ecas information

·         We received your application to sponsor My mom's name on June 17, 2009.

·         We sent you a letter on September 18, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My Parents Ecas information

·         We received Mom name 's application for permanent residence on June 17, 2009. 

·         Medical results have been received. 

·         We started processing MY MOM NAME's application on December 3, 2012.

·         A decision has been made on MY MOM NAME's application. The office will contact MY MOM NAME concerning this decision.

Detail information for my parents

Parents only: Mom & Dad no dependent

·         June 10 2009: submitted application to sponsor my parents

·         March 30, 2012: Received Letter from Mississauga to submit complete docs with in 90 days

·         May 23 2012: submitted docs

·         June 1 2012: Received letter to confirmed received my Document on May 25th, 2012 and application is complete

·         June 12 2012: Received email from CPC Mississauga "..... your application for PR has been received by CIC on Jun 17, 2009" (So weird why they sent me this email let me know my original application? - i got the letter way long long time ago but by mail and different one.)

·         August 22, 2012: Additional document - Option C for year 2010 and 2011.

·         August 31, 2012: Additional document - Option C sent to CPC Mississauga.

·         September 18, 2012: Got email - Got approval from my side and file transfer to Singapore.

·         September 25, 2012: Letter Date september 21 from CIC Ottawa - Medical request.

·         September 28, 2012: Done medical and sent to Philippine.

·         November 26, 2012: Medical results have been received.

·         December 3, 2012: Ecas change to "Decision made" and will contact my Mom.

·         December 7, 2012: Email request passport for visa stamp.

Edited by yuun2002vn - 07 Dec 2012 at 9:42pm
absrox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 11:01pm
Hey guys,
How long does the stamping usually take in India once u submit the passports via VFS? The email and website mentioned 7-10 days. It has been longer for me than that.
Is that normal or is it due to the holiday season?

Thanks in advance!
Family_Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Family_Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 4:19am

Hey guys,
How long does the stamping usually take in India once u submit the passports via VFS? The email and website mentioned 7-10 days. It has been longer for me than that.
Is that normal or is it due to the holiday season?

Thanks in advance!
It could take longer than that. The guys who sent to Seattle - it took them one month.
So we should expect around 3 to 4 weeks. CIC has to prepare the landing papers along with the VISA stamp.
When did you send the passports? We sent ours 2nd Jan.

Thanks
absrox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:23am
We submitted them on 27th dec via VFS Delhi.
Did u send it to HC or vfs?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Family_Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 6:57am

We submitted them on 27th dec via VFS Delhi.
Did u send it to HC or vfs?
VFS Mumbai
Our dates are close. Lets update each other the progress. Please post when you have received the pp back.
Thanks!
absrox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 9:16am
Family_Guy, we got our passport back today! You should be getting yours soon as well.
All the best!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuun2002vn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 1:24pm

Family_Guy, we got our passport back today! You should be getting yours soon as well.
All the best!
COngrats...

My parents sent thier passport to Singarpore on December 10 and still waiting :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuun2002vn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2013 at 11:13pm
GOOD NEWS!!!  My parents called me and they received their passport with visa. They bought air tickets and will come to Calgary AB Feb 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsor my parents:

My Ecas information

·         We received your application to sponsor My mom's name on June 17, 2009.

·         We sent you a letter on September 18, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My Parents Ecas information

·         We received Mom name 's application for permanent residence on June 17, 2009. 

·         Medical results have been received. 

·         We started processing MY MOM NAME's application on December 3, 2012.

·         A decision has been made on MY MOM NAME's application. The office will contact MY MOM NAME concerning this decision.

Detail information for my parents

Parents only: Mom & Dad no dependent

·         June 10 2009: submitted application to sponsor my parents

·         March 30, 2012: Received Letter from Mississauga to submit complete docs with in 90 days

·         May 23 2012: submitted docs

·         June 1 2012: Received letter to confirmed received my Document on May 25th, 2012 and application is complete

·         June 12 2012: Received email from CPC Mississauga "..... your application for PR has been received by CIC on Jun 17, 2009" (So weird why they sent me this email let me know my original application? - i got the letter way long long time ago but by mail and different one.)

·         August 22, 2012: Additional document - Option C for year 2010 and 2011.

·         August 31, 2012: Additional document - Option C sent to CPC Mississauga.

·         September 18, 2012: Got email - Got approval from my side and file transfer to Singapore.

·         September 25, 2012: Letter Date september 21 from CIC Ottawa - Medical request.

·         September 28, 2012: Done medical and sent to Philippine.

·         November 26, 2012: Medical results have been received.

·         December 3, 2012: Ecas change to "Decision made" and will contact my Mom.

·         December 7, 2012: Email request passport for visa stamp.
·         January 22, 2013: Passport return and visa stamped - bought air tickets
·         Feb 1, 2013: Will move to Calgary AB

Edited by yuun2002vn - 22 Jan 2013 at 11:15pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Family_Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 5:20am
Thanks absrox!
We got our passports back too!

Good luck in landing and becoming a PR!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596>
  Share Topic