Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents’ sponsorship: 90 days deadline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 96>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:20pm
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 10:25pm
phaedrustoday and Shuga,
You have been approved as sponsors, so you are done with step one. I wonder if CIC checked for you current income? whether you still meet the minimum income requirement?
mrzaman94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrzaman94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:39pm
Hello Folks,

I have been going through all posting in this topic. Yes, I have submitted my application Dec 15 and have received a latter from CIC dated Feb 1 that my sponsorship is accepted and they have sent my parents application to the visa office responsible to our home country.

Based on Shuga info, I am bit worried that how long will it take in my case?

Based on CIC Nov 25 letter....we are now ready to process your application....please ask your parents to process PCC....submit RPRF to avoid further delay......I am totally confused what is going on the application process.

Hoping for the best
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:43pm
You are one of those whose application was sent to the visa office responsible for your country and not ottawa office. My guess is that ottawa office is meant to clear backlogs, so applicants to busy offices will be sent to ottawa, while applicants from fast offices will be sent to their office.

What is the processing time for your office?
Shuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Tarik Tarik wrote:

phaedrustoday and Shuga,
You have been approved as sponsors, so you are done with step one. I wonder if CIC checked for you current income? whether you still meet the minimum income requirement?
i sent my option C printout for 2008-09-10 along with the documents that CIC requested in November to prove that i meet the income requirements... no sure if CIC looked at it...
phaedrustoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedrustoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Shuga Shuga wrote:

phaedrustoday and Shuga,
i sent my option C printout for 2008-09-10 along with the documents that CIC requested in November to prove that i meet the income requirements... no sure if CIC looked at it...
I only sent income documents as part of the initial application to sponsor in 2008. My guess is that CIC has a way to pull your most current income from CRA - but this just a guess.
phaedrustoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedrustoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 12:05pm

You are one of those whose application was sent to the visa office responsible for your country and not ottawa office. My guess is that ottawa office is meant to clear backlogs, so applicants to busy offices will be sent to ottawa, while applicants from fast offices will be sent to their office.

Makes sense.
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 3:20pm

Not sure about that, as there are people whose file was transferred to the visa office which timeline comes up to 44 months....
mrzaman94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrzaman94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 8:57pm

I know as you posted the OB-353 is clearling stating that a portion of these FC4 application will be process in CPP-ottawa. This make senses that they will send some application to visa office out side Canada.

My question is in both cases, the processing time line will be same or differenct?

The current processing time in my visa office is 44 months...:(

Thanks

Edited by mrzaman94 - 16 Feb 2012 at 8:59pm
mrzaman94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrzaman94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by smartin smartin wrote:

Originally posted by Shuga Shuga wrote:

my file was transferred to Ottawa on Jan 31 and i received an e-mail requestuing medicals and police certificate today...

Congratulations!

Hi Shuga,

Would you mind to let us know what is the processing time in your corresponding visa office?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 96>
  Share Topic