Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents’ sponsorship: 90 days deadline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 96>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minus35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 10:38am

Congratulations phaedrustoday!

It seems like your parents will be in Canada in this summer.

rentalfast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rentalfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 12:15am
Hello there,

I submitted my parents sponsorship - 1st stage in November / December 2009. Anyone aware of receiving the request letter around this time frame? 

Thanks very much. 
rentalfast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rentalfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 7:37pm
Hello there,

I submitted my parents sponsorship - 1st stage in November / December 2009. Anyone aware of receiving the request letter around this time frame? 

Thanks very much. 
mkozdemi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkozdemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:45am
I also got the letter around 23rd November for the additional documents and submitted those for my mother in less than a month.

On Jan. 23 got a letter saying the case got approved (or a similar letter to pheadrustoday), and the case is now being transferred to our home country. Don't know how long it will take from that side.

mk
jkcad1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkcad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 12:16pm
@mkozdemi

Can you please share your timeline? when did you send your sponsorship application?
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 1:09pm
mkozdemi,
Your file was transfered to your home country office? this is different than pheadrustoday. His file went to Ottawa..right?
Shuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 2:13pm
my file was transferred to Ottawa on Jan 31 and i received an e-mail requestuing medicals and police certificate today...
jaggudada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaggudada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Shuga Shuga wrote:

my file was transferred to Ottawa on Jan 31 and i received an e-mail requestuing medicals and police certificate today...

Shuga, Can you please share the contents of the email you received today?
Shuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by jaggudada jaggudada wrote:

Shuga, Can you please share the contents of the email you received today?
Dear Applicant:
All applicants who are seeking permanent residence in Canada must satisfy Canada's medical admissibility criteria. In order to determine your medical admissibility to Canada, you and your spouse are required to undergo a medical examination. This examination is required whether or not your spouse will accompany you to Canada.
Please take this letter and the enclosed Medical Report form(s) IMM1017 for yourself and your spouse to the medical practitioner performing the examination. You and your spouse should be examined by the same doctor.
The medical examination must be performed by one of the licensed physicians shown on the "List of Designated Medical Practitioners" (i.e. doctors). To access this list, please refer to our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx. If you and/or your spouse are outside of your home country for an extended period of time, you may see a Designated Medical Practitioner in the country where you are presently residing.
The latest version of the Medical Report consists of five sections, A to E. You have only received Section A, "Client Identification and Summary." Sections B to E of the Medical Report form are for use by a medical doctor and are provided to physicians by the Department of Citizenship and Immigration, Health Services.
You should make arrangements to undergo the required medical examination immediately. Failure to do so within 30 days of this notice will result in unnecessary delays in the processing of your application.
Your examining practitioner will send your X-ray and results to our medical review office.
There are other important instructions listed on the back of this page. Please be sure to read them carefully.
Please quote your application number (see F# noted above) in all your correspondence with us.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
PLEASE REFER TO THE REVERSE OF THIS LETTER FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Medical Examination
1. All expenses related to this medical examination are your responsibility.
2. Please bring the following to your medical appointment:
·Two recent passport-size photographs of each family member. Refer to our website for photograph specification: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixB
Eyeglasses, if applicable; list of prescription drugs taken, or any relevant medical report(s).
Original passport of each family member.
3. All applicants must submit to a standard X-ray film of the chest.
4. It is possible that after the completion of your medical examination and submission of reports, further tests or reports may be requested.
5. The issuance of these medical instructions does not constitute acceptance of your application. You should not make any commitments related to the application until your case has been concluded.
DO NOT SELL YOUR PROPERTY OR BELONGINGS, OR GIVE UP YOUR JOB OR HOME; DO NOT TAKE OTHER STEPS TO EMIGRATE OR COME TO CANADA UNTIL OUR OFFICE HAS NOTIFIED YOU THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
6. It is recommended, and a decided advantage to all applicants, that routine immunization is initiated or completed before departure for Canada, and where available, immunization records should be brought to Canada. Some provinces in Canada may require you to show your record of immunization.
Police Certificates
You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. It is your responsibility to contact the police or relevant authorities and apply for the required police certificate.
Instructions and information on obtaining a police certificate from any country can be found on our Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
The police certificate from each country must be received by our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to provide us with the police certificate may result in your application being assessed on the information available on your file and may be refused.
If you have already sent in the updated police certificate, you do not require to resend it.
phaedrustoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedrustoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 3:19pm

Congratulations to all those getting updates from CIC!

My file was sent to Ottawa - it looks like that's where the cases will be processed. I am very encouraged by the speed with which the cases are progressing. I know someone who missed a form with his December submission and CIC got back to him after just 4 weeks requesting the missing form.

Requests for medicals and police clearance are just great news!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 96>
  Share Topic