Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents’ sponsorship: 90 days deadline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 96>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 5:48pm
There are still 2007 applicants waiting...
CIC announces that they will increase the number of cases they process from 16,000 /year to 26,000/year. I didn't see any official notes about "processing all pending applications in two year"... could you please share the source of this comment? I wish it is true...
phaedrustoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedrustoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 5:48pm

What good is e-CAS if the status is updated after the 90 day deadline? After the deadline, there is nothing  anyone can do if the status says - "Case Abandoned". I would love to see how a Canada Post delivery receipt holds up to a CIC case closure. That will surely be an interesting conversation.

Going by the premise of minus35's explanation, I would suggest to all the people who are having trouble collecting the required documentation - just mail an empty envelope with Canada POst delivery receipt requested. That way you get your foot in the door and CIC can not blame you for not meeting the deadline :)

The point is - 'receiving tons of applications' is something CIC should have anticipated given their insistence that all applicants have a new 90 day deadline. Therefore it is them who should have planned for ways to do timely e-CAS updates given this onslaught of new packages arriving at their doorstep.

Given minus35's argument, we should now be prepared for even greater delays since CIC just created an order of magnitude more work for themselves by way of new paperwork being sent from existing applicants.

If there is a deadline that applies to us, the same should apply for CIC's updates as well. That is what is fair - after all we all are paying fees for all this work to be done. I know fairness is not the name of the game here and we all have made peace with this arrangement, but why? 

Makes you wonder what is it that our tax dollars working for?

Edited by phaedrustoday - 25 Jan 2012 at 5:49pm
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 5:51pm
I am all in agreement with you phaedrustoday...
Minus35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minus35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 12:17pm

You are absolutely right phaedrustoday. But the fact of the matter is that CIC is severely understaffed. If they had enough resources, they wouldn’t be a huge backlog. The acknowledgement of my parents’ application appeared months later on e-CAS. Based on our previous experience(s) with e-CAS, we need to keep reasonable expectations from CIC.

But you never know, may be the e-CAS will start showing updates within weeks.

preetgagan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preetgagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 9:46pm
when u submitted u r parents documents in CPC-M.MEANS LAST MONTH ON WHICH DATE
dreamk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:16am
I also got one of these letter. And was kind of hoping it was some good sign that they are actually working on it. But I guess not cause if so many people received the same letter and dates isnt that just more backlog? 
Serve the Lord with all your heart.
MattK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:35am
Hi dreamk,

Can I know when you submitted your application? I did it on June 2010 but am still waiting.

Thanks.
dreamk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:02am
Hey Mattk, I sent my application, December 2008.
Serve the Lord with all your heart.
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:22am
Originally posted by MattK MattK wrote:

Hi dreamk,
Can I know when you submitted your application? I did it on June 2010 but am still waiting.
Thanks.

we are in the waiting list too - our application was submitted in may 2010
phaedrustoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedrustoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 7:58am

Please post here if you have submitted your documents in response to the November 2011 letter and you hear back from CIC.

Apparently a lot of people got that letter asking for more documents, but it looks like CIC did not get back to anybody yet in response to the newly submitted documents.

Let us keep this thread going and make it more meaningful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 96>
  Share Topic