Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents’ sponsorship: 90 days deadline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 96>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulce2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 11:00am
Hi Tarik,
One question concerning the request for birth certificates for parents...I believe they only require the birth certificates for them and their dependants since these are the only ones listed in the document checklist. My birth certificate (I'm the sponsor), would not need to be included as it was already included with the sponsorship application, right?
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 11:16am
I did include mine, just in case they misplaced the one I sent initially. But, you are right, the wording in the check list, doesn't seem to ask for the sponsor's birth certificate.
I suggest if you have it handy, send them a copy.

jkcad1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkcad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 11:29am
Hi Tarik

Thanks for your response. Do you know the email ID we can use to ask CPC-M for this? it would be good to verify with them by email as call center has told us that they did not send any documents.

thanks
JK
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Dulce2012 Dulce2012 wrote:

I wish I knew, I thought that I would just receive a letter approving the sponsorship but instead CIC is requesting further documentation from my parents, no idea why (they have been to Canada 3 times as visitors). I wonder if being requested this further documentation is a good thing or a bad thing...Some documents they are requesting are copies of their documentation and some forms (family history, dependants form, etc).  

They do it to speed your processing up. Before they had the sponsorship approved and then transfer your paperwork to the visa office responsible for the sponsored person's country, & then the visa office would send the letter with request for additional documents. Now they will send all your paperwork together with the sponsored person's paperwork right to the visa office an they in the visa office will start the process without spending time for requesting anything (except some extra if they need to). It will definitely save lots of time & shorten the processing time. This process somewhat reminds me of the spousal sponsorship process when they request to send both sets of paperwork at the same time.

Edited by smartin - 22 Jan 2012 at 9:01pm
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:02pm
Does anyone know whether the sent any paperwork requests to the applications submitted in 2010?

Edited by smartin - 22 Jan 2012 at 9:02pm
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:32am
not sure about 2010.

I've seen few poster who applied in 2007 and 2008, but not 2010
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Tarik Tarik wrote:

not sure about 2010.

I've seen few poster who applied in 2007 and 2008, but not 2010

We've heard about 2009 too. Just worried not to miss the deadline.
Do you know any way to find out if they sent or planning to send anything?
phaedrustoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedrustoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 12:18am
Any e-CAS updates to your case statuses after you sent the forms and documents to CPC-M? I sent my parents' forms on December 22 and the e-CAS does not show any change at all.

It is a bit unnerving especially because CIC's letter mentioned that if they do not receive any documents within 90 days, they will consider the application "abandoned".

What if CIC gets back to us in summer saying that they never heard back from us? The least they can do is to update the e-CAS status to reflect the receipt of the new forms.

Minus35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minus35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 2:16pm
well, if you sent the documents through registered mail, then you do have the proof.

I think its too early to expect e-CAS status update 'cuz they are in the middle of receiving tons of applications these days. Hopefully, they will update e-CAS after the deadline is over.
cisco4w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cisco4w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 4:57pm
Hello Everyone..

I have sent sponsorship application for my parents in May 2011 but I didn't receive anything including acknowledgement receipt. Still waiting and I want to know anyone recently submitted application and on the same page. I heard they going to process all pending application in next two years to clear backlog.

Please reply with comments, suggestion etc.. waiting to see some reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 96>
  Share Topic