Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents’ sponsorship: 90 days deadline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 96>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minus35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parents’ sponsorship: 90 days deadline
    Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 10:31am

Hi,

This thread is for those for received a letter from CIC Mississauga dated November 25, 2011 to submit additional documents for their parents/grandparents (with optional police clearance certificates and landing fee).

Thanks,

Edited by Minus35 - 09 Feb 2012 at 10:59am
Dulce2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulce2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 12:09am
I received the letter as well with the same date, is this something not common? how come everyone's date is the same??
I'm looking at it as if the time starts running Nov 25 just to be safe.
jkcad1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkcad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 11:10am
Hi

My cousin applied for his parents in May 2008 and did not receive any forms dated 25 november.

do you think that everyone has received these forms or only few people?

thanks
JK
Dulce2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulce2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 12:42pm
I wish I knew, I thought that I would just receive a letter approving the sponsorship but instead CIC is requesting further documentation from my parents, no idea why (they have been to Canada 3 times as visitors). I wonder if being requested this further documentation is a good thing or a bad thing...Some documents they are requesting are copies of their documentation and some forms (family history, dependants form, etc).  

Edited by Dulce2012 - 21 Jan 2012 at 12:43pm
jkcad1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkcad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 12:59pm
Thanks Dulce,

When did you apply for your parents. Lets hope it is for faster processing!
Dulce2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulce2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 1:32pm
I think I applied in Sept 2008, have you received any communication from CIC?
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 4:46pm
It seems all 2008/2009 applicants have recieved the same thing. They also asking applicants to pay the landing fee as it should accelerate the process according to them and asked us to prepare for police certificates... i think these are good signs of faster processing, but you never know.

One thing worth mentioning is that they encouraged us to send
the documents ASAP and mentioned that they will start processing as first come first served which indicates that they might override the quoe of initial application date, meaning if you are a 2009 applicant but reponded before some 2008 applicants, your file will go ahead before them !
Dulce2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dulce2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:00pm
Interesting, thanks for the info Tarik, who knows what their plans are. Fortunately, my parents aren't in a rush to get here so we are taking our time on these papers and just trying to do it right.
Concerning the landing fee, I read about that too...I would love to pay for it but I have no idea how, it seems like you have to pay it at your local Canadian embassy?, if so, I guess you don't have to mail the certified cheque to CIC in Canada right? I'm a bit confused about that, any thoughts?

Edited by Dulce2012 - 21 Jan 2012 at 11:21pm
jkcad1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkcad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:26pm
Tarik,

I dont think everyone who filed in 2008/2009 got the forms. My cousin called the immigration call center to verify and they mentioned that they have not send any documents to him.

he filed in may 2008.

so i think they cannot just ignore the original date of application.

JK
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 2:22am
JK,

I don't know why your cousin didn't recieve anything from CIC. I know applicants before and after May 2008 who recieved this request for update. All of them, the letter was dated Nov 25, 2011. All of them, have a request to pay landing fee and prepare for police certificate. Also, the comment that CIC starts processing cases in the order they recieve our replies is in bold.

There are lots of people who complains here that the call centre don't give accurate information. I am afraid they sent him the request to a wrong address or the mail was lost. If I were him, I will keep calling and check or may send an email to CIC-M.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 96>
  Share Topic