Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents’ sponsorship: 90 days deadline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 96>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
phaedrustoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedrustoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 5:38pm
Just got a CIC letter from CPC-M that just says I have met the requirements for sponsor eligibility. It then goes on to say that the case has been transferred to:

CPP Ottawa - Case Processing Pilot
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
Ottawa

It goes on to say that:

"If at any time during processing, it is determined that local knowledge is required, the file may be forwarded to the relevant visa office for processing and final decision."

This means that the November letter responses/document submissions are being reviewed in real time. It also means that cases are being actively pushed to the next stage - which is good news. This is good news for all of us who are sending in the papers once again.

The eCAS status also changed to "Application Received" under the Permanent Residence Status column. Earlier it showed "Not Available".

My details:
Original date of application for parental sponsorship - May 2008.
received the Nov 24, 2011 CIC letter asking for documents once again.
Documents submitted - Dec 22, 2011.
CIC letter approving sponsorship received on Feb 3, 2012.
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 1:29pm
I think I saw 2009 applicants posting here who recieved the letters.

The letters are coming from CPC-M.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 11:58am
Anyone from 2009 got any letters from CIC?

Are these coming from CIC in Ottawa or from CPC-Mississauga?
phaedrustoday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phaedrustoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 7:58am

Please post here if you have submitted your documents in response to the November 2011 letter and you hear back from CIC.

Apparently a lot of people got that letter asking for more documents, but it looks like CIC did not get back to anybody yet in response to the newly submitted documents.

Let us keep this thread going and make it more meaningful.
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:22am
Originally posted by MattK MattK wrote:

Hi dreamk,
Can I know when you submitted your application? I did it on June 2010 but am still waiting.
Thanks.

we are in the waiting list too - our application was submitted in may 2010
dreamk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:02am
Hey Mattk, I sent my application, December 2008.
Serve the Lord with all your heart.
MattK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:35am
Hi dreamk,

Can I know when you submitted your application? I did it on June 2010 but am still waiting.

Thanks.
dreamk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:16am
I also got one of these letter. And was kind of hoping it was some good sign that they are actually working on it. But I guess not cause if so many people received the same letter and dates isnt that just more backlog? 
Serve the Lord with all your heart.
preetgagan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preetgagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 9:46pm
when u submitted u r parents documents in CPC-M.MEANS LAST MONTH ON WHICH DATE
Minus35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minus35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 12:17pm

You are absolutely right phaedrustoday. But the fact of the matter is that CIC is severely understaffed. If they had enough resources, they wouldn’t be a huge backlog. The acknowledgement of my parents’ application appeared months later on e-CAS. Based on our previous experience(s) with e-CAS, we need to keep reasonable expectations from CIC.

But you never know, may be the e-CAS will start showing updates within weeks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 96>
  Share Topic