Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Previously Sought Student Visa- but in form IMM 00
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Previously Sought Student Visa- but in form IMM 00

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Previously Sought Student Visa- but in form IMM 00
    Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 5:48pm
Hi

in IMM 0008, SCHEDULE1- BACKGROUND DECLARATION. Question #9. Bullet point 2.
It says: Previously sought refugee status in Canada or applied for a Canadian Immigration or permanent resident visa or temporary resident visa? 

I Answered NO. Bu I was in Canada as an International student and never applied for any other visa other than the student authorization visa what I obtained from my country where I am currently living now. I came back to my country before the visa period was over.

Did I answer correctly in that question? I hope Student visa is not Temp Resident visa.

Please clarify my confusion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What to do now? Write a Letter to them with explaining that I had confusion over the issue- so I checked that I never had a temp resident stay. 
I mixed up the issue with Student Authorization Visa and Temporary Resident Visa.

But I did write addresses of all the places I have lived during my Student Visa period in Canada. So obviously there is no point for them to think that I had tried to undisclose my Staying information in my Application. 

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic