Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Filing Brankrupt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Filing Brankrupt
    Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:23pm
Hi there,

This situation is a little complicated and just wanted a little advice. 

We were in the process of starting our second spousal sponsorship application, the first one was denied(not a real marriage)  I put an appeal in and then withdrew it to begin a new sponsorship application.  In the meantime my husband got himself into trouble and spent a little bit of time in jail(4months )  He now has a criminal record and we are not sure where to go from here.

I have a few things on my credit history and I was thinking about filing bankrupt and start over.  I am wondering if this will affect any sponsorship in the future with my husband?
We share a daughter and I have taken her back and forth a few times but we would like him back here with us.
any advice??????????????
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:42pm
Yes - bankruptsy will certainly affect the proces. If you file for bankruptsy at any time during the application process - then you will no longer qualify to sponsor your husband and your application will be refused.

You should also read the following information on the CIC site regarding criminal inadmissibility. Your husband may be inadmissible to Canada due to his recent crime:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5312E3.asp
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic