Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

health card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: health card
    Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:42am
No, no, no
Living with her Canadian citizen husband keeps her PR residency requirement
It has nothing to do with citizenship at all
For citizenship you have to actually be living in Canada
Ditto with health care - you cannot apply for Canadian health care from the US

You are nowhere near close to applying for citizenship

Originally posted by edmotonresident edmotonresident wrote:

Originally posted by koko koko wrote:

I received my PR card in 2007 jan... but I hv been living in the USA with my husband after since. My PR expires in2012 JAn. I am eligible to apply for the citizenship, that I know..but the big question is:

1. Should I come to canada & apply for the citizenship or should I wait?
2. Regardless of all,lets say, If I apply for the citizenship, will the judge find out? And how ??

plzz guide!!!!!

koko,
If your husband is working for a Canadian employer in USA, you are safe toward your canadian citizenship, and you are counting your residency requirements, if not, you should live here and comply with the residency requirements before applying for Can ctznshp, also, in case your husband isn't working for a Can employer, and as you stated in your post (PR received in Jan 2007) and you have been living in US since then, you should have been in Canada by now, otherwise, you already lost your PR Status....
(you should live in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years) ij order to maintain your PR status.
Again, the question is: Is your husband working for a Canadian employer in US??
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 12:52am

I received my PR card in 2007 jan... but I hv been living in the USA with my husband after since. My PR expires in2012 JAn. I am eligible to apply for the citizenship, that I know..but the big question is:

2. Regardless of all,lets say, If I apply for the citizenship, will the judge find out? And how ??

plzz guide!!!!!

koko,
If your husband is working for a Canadian employer in USA, you are safe toward your canadian citizenship, and you are counting your residency requirements, if not, you should live here and comply with the residency requirements before applying for Can ctznshp, also, in case your husband isn't working for a Can employer, and as you stated in your post (PR received in Jan 2007) and you have been living in US since then, you should have been in Canada by now, otherwise, you already lost your PR Status....
(you should live in Canada for 2 years out of 5 years) ij order to maintain your PR status.
Again, the question is: Is your husband working for a Canadian employer in US??
"Canada, where good people live"
blackpearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackpearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:53am
Health card requirements vary by province. Some provinces may require you to reside there for at least a few months before you can be eligible for health card. Check with the province where you will apply for health card for.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:55am
Staying with Canadian spouse abroad will allow you to meet residency obligation for PR status maintenance only.

For citizenship, you actually must LIVE in Canada physically.

Please check:

www.cic.gc.ca

It has all the details
koko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:32am

plzz guide!!!!!

Edited by koko - 21 Jan 2010 at 12:39am
koko
koko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:30am

plzz guide!!!!!

Edited by koko - 21 Jan 2010 at 12:31am
koko
koko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:21am
thank you so much for ur reply...yup i'll hv to go to canada for all the requirements to be met.
koko
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:08pm
I'm pretty sure you have to be IN CANADA to register/apply for the health cards.
Living in another country does not automatically entitle you to Canadian Health Insurance.

Besides, the baby is currently AMERICAN. Have you taken steps to get Canadian citizenship for the baby since the father of the baby is a Canadian. I don't think the baby will be eligible for any Canadian benefits until you get the baby's CANADIAN paperwork/status done.....
koko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:10pm
i am a canadian immigrant with a valid PR. I live in usa coz my husband has business here. He's a canadian citizen. I have a 22months old baby who's a USA citizen. I want to apply for her canadian health card but my canadian health card has expired. what should I do now? 1. how should I apply for her canadian health card? 2. can I apply for her canadian health card from USA.? 3. Or is it too late to apply for her health card? Please guide!
koko
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic