Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline after appeal allowed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsJDL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by sshb sshb wrote:

hi JSKMR and mrsJDL  my case was refused for the common reason"Marriage is not genuine" 
actually my wedding pictures were very simple, so ISB send my husband a refusal letter.  now i file the appeal and lets see what happens next..

tell me about yours 

There is no final decision yet on my case. I am still praying for a positive response from the IO this month. But i am gathering informations now just in case it will not be a good news (hope not!)

My case is about an undeclared family member. I am sponsoring my husband as spouse but the IO concluded that we were in a common law relationship before i landed in Canada and i failed to declare him. We got married AFTER i became a PR, so i landed as single. But in the sponsorship application form, we declared that we lived together when we were in another country as foreign workers. I was not denying it, but it doesn't also mean that we were having a common law relationship. Aside from living together, we never presented anything like joint accounts or bills or properties because we never had any of those. The house where we used to live in was actually a foreign worker complex where 8 of us were living in 1 floor. All questions about former spouses or common law or conjugal partners, we answered NO.

It was really a big mistake for us to declare cohabitation without being fully aware of its meaning.

We received a procedural fairness letter asking for our explanation why I did not declare my husband as a common law partner. LOL! (i had to laugh at that one!) I answered in full details and all honesty. But at the end of the day, it will still depend on the IO if he is having a bad day or a good day. I have read a similar case us mine way back in 2006 and they were refused. But the IO couldn't provide any evidence why he/she believed that the parties were in a common law relationship. The IO just said they were adults so they were consenting parties. By the time of appeal, the judge conceded the case coz of lack of evidence from the part of IO. It was sad because it took them 2 yrs to get the visa just because of the incompetency of the IO who handled their application. And one similar case i have read just recently, after they replied in the procedural fairness letter from the IO, they were granted the visa.

Good luck to each and everyone of us. I am praying for everyone here. I believe in the power of prayers. I told my husband we are all like the story of David and Goliath, and God as our weapon, we can all win this battle.   

AGM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by stressout25 stressout25 wrote:

Hi Guys,
It's been over two months since I send in the updated forms, Police Clearance, etc, to the visa office. And still I can't hear anything from them. They didn't send me the form to redo medicals as yet. What should I do? I am sooo worry, I wonder if this process will ever end for me.

stressout25

I know it’s very frustrating, Hang in there! Ultimately you will get through.....

BTW which visa office are you dealing with?

AGM

Appeal Allowed - 02-18-09,
CHC ND Resumed Processing - 05-20-09,Medical Redo 08-12-09,Present status - Background Check.
stressout25 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 5:55pm
Hi AGM, I hope I get through..I am dealing with the Port-Of-Spain visa office.
sshb View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 7:32pm

i am hoping for everyone in this forum the best and May Allah help all of us and let us reunite with our loved ones Ameen

KAMJIT View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAMJIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:58am

Hello friends,

thought let you know that ND has started processing my husband's file. I sent them my copy of the decision letter on Dec.18.(appeal allowed Nov.4)I am not sure how to check exactly when they started the process although  I think i could call CBSA to find out.

Edited by KAMJIT - 08 Jan 2010 at 9:59am
sshb View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 8:20pm
best of luck kamjeet pray for ussCry
AGM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 3:04am
Originally posted by KAMJIT KAMJIT wrote:

Hello friends,

thought let you know that ND has started processing my husband's file. I sent them my copy of the decision letter on Dec.18.(appeal allowed Nov.4)I am not sure how to check exactly when they started the process although  I think i could call CBSA to find out.

Hi - Kamjeet,

CBSA's role for appeal allowed cases is to  forward original client file to the visa office, so they will have limited information. It's better to follow up with CHC ND.

You may also check  e-case using your client ID - [xxxx-xxxx] 

Good Luck

AGM

Appeal Allowed - 02-18-09,
CHC ND Resumed Processing - 05-20-09,Medical Redo 08-12-09,Present status - Background Check.
sshb View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 6:07pm

AGM can you tell that how to check the status of an appeal application????/

mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 1:42am
best of luck & pray to God
KAMJIT View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAMJIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:07pm

Hi AGM

I checked e-cas  last weeek using my client ID, it says file in process

Edited by KAMJIT - 11 Jan 2010 at 2:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
  Share Topic