Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to organize file for PR?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FStone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to organize file for PR?
    Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 5:37am
Hi there,

We just finished organizing our entire file in display book/plastic sleeves only to read in the immigrant document checklist NOT to do it that way! Also, we taped evidence of our relationship and pictures to paper and slid them in the sleeves, only for it to be loose! How annoying! What is the best way to organize the file? (just paperclip, separate envelopes for each application and all evidence, etc...) 
Also, it says that the immigrant must provide 8 passport photos of himself and each family member. Surely they don't want 8 photos of me, the sponsor? I have enclosed 4. Is this right? I can't see them wanting that many from me as they are not issuing me a visa so they won't need photos for that. 

Thanks!
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:06am
Yes - you're right. The photos cannot be in display books or plastic sleeves.

In the past, many have written information on the back of the photos when they submit them (i.e. who is in the picture, when it was taken, significance, etc.). They have then used paperclips and envelopes (as you've suggested) to group photos together.

We are in the process of completing our application and haven't submitted yet. However what we are planning on doing is printing (on our home printer) several photos on one 8 1/2 by 11 (letter) sheet of photo paper (with descriptions) since the photos are all digital and this seems like the easiest way to display them. We will then submit a number of these 8 1/2 by 11 sheets of photo paper as evidence.
sputnikx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sputnikx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:48am
The easiest would be to number your photos and cross-referenced them on a separate sheet where you can also add more information.

We wrote only the location and date on the back of the photos and put them all together in chronological order in a big envelop.
Can_Zim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Can_Zim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:05pm
this is how our lawyer put the package together:

-covering letter describing my life situation (job, income, citizenship, any previous and ended relationships etc.) and my husband's, how our reltaionship developed, why i am eligible to sponsor, why he is considered a member of the family class etc.  For each fact/point, he footnoted the piece of evidence to support it (a particular email or photocopy of bank statement or whatever it was)
-table of contents that listed every single form, photo, email, phone bill, letter etc (indicated who it was concerning, the date etc.)
-each page was numbered
-photos were 2 per page, originals were glued to the paper and a label indicating who was in the photo, the date and event.

The lawyer bound it together with one of those spiral binding thingies.  I thought they didn't accept bound packages but he said he's always done it and never had a problem. 

We were approved, no interview.  I think that making the package as easy to read as possible is important.  I was really impressed with the cover letter as an IO could have simply read the letter, referenced the materials he footnoted and been pretty confident about our relationship.
Good luck.  It'll feel great once it has been sent away and you dont' have to look at it anymore!!!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 12:34pm
They want 8 photographs of the applicant not the sponsor. In fact as far as I remember it doesnt ask for any passport photographs of the sponsor at all.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
NDKel_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDKel_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 1:59pm
Wait, EIGHT photographs of the applicant? I could have sworn my checklist only said 4...maybe it's different for the US vs. applicants from other countries? Can anyone confirm (to save my sanity)...thanks :)
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 4:04pm
Check the region specific, you could well be right, all I know is as a UK citizen I need 8 photos.
Region specific forms are different for different regions.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 4:24pm
The China region guide says 5 photos, but 8 address labels.  Check your region guide and don't get these two numbers mixed up!  Wink

B47
FStone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FStone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 5:48pm
Yes sorry, I am in the same region as redeagle - UK - and our forms say 8 for the immigrant and all family accompanying x

Thanks for everyone's input, off to a stationers tomorrow to get my last bits, put the baby together and in the post on Saturday!! YAHOO!!!! 
NDKel_01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDKel_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:32pm
Whew, OK thanks! That was my first moment of panic since I sent the app off 2 days ago lol. I'm surprised I lasted that long! US region specific does indeed say 4 photos :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic