Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No work visa for Aussies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussiechick72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No work visa for Aussies
    Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 12:17pm
I was wondering if anyone else has heard about this? Australia and Canada have come to an arrangement where Australians aged between 18 and 30, can come to Canada to work, without going through all the paperwork, or Canadian business's having to advertise and all that stuff... I think its brilliant..would love to hear who else has heard about it  Big smile
Married to Canadian
28/12/10,Sydney Australia
Arrive Saskatchewan with kids
29/03/11
put in paperwork
29/05/11
still waiting
Ben45 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:10pm
Where did you get the info from?? Double check with CIC call sentre well as you may get different answer but they are more updated and will tell you if the info is true or false lol.
OUT LAND APP (NAIROBI)
Application in Mississauga 09 Sept 11
First stage Approval 17 Nov 11
Transfered 2 Dakar 17 Nov 11
Dakar re-tranfered file to Narobi Jan 12
Decission made 07-12
Aussiechick72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussiechick72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:20pm
Its on the "travel blackboard" website, dated today through the federal Tourism strategy...
Married to Canadian
29/03/11
put in paperwork
29/05/11
still waiting
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 1:56pm
This information is readily available on government web sites (both Canadian and Australian). See:

http://www.whpcanada.org.au/introduction.shtml
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Ben45 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 2:15pm
Guys, sometimes you have got to be careful with some websites This is not from cic.gc.ca and anything outside that doent not guarantee you that its a right infor from CIC. On this same website last yeah it was saying that one who has a fiance or girl friend out side Canada can bring her in and to the inroduction and marriage here in canada and when I called CIC to ask it happen to be a false information so if I was you I could call CIC and find out if this is true. Mind you there are so so many fraud website and consultants so you want to be careful by atleat cheacking with the right source or person who has gone under the same process.

Originally posted by scylla scylla wrote:

This information is readily available on government web sites (both Canadian and Australian). See:

http://www.whpcanada.org.au/introduction.shtml
OUT LAND APP (NAIROBI)
Decission made 07-12
Ben45 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 2:43pm
Look closely at this www.whpcanada.org.au you find that its a link for Cosultants and its far differents from CIC link for all forms of immigration. Have a close look at their contacts, its different from CIC, when you look as well as at the fee, where to submite your application, processing time, after arrival even when they update the information you will notice that its totally different so mind you that its only CIC that offers all forms of visas. Just call CIC 1-888-242-2100 TO FIND OUT. GOOD LUCK
OUT LAND APP (NAIROBI)
Decission made 07-12
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 3:11pm
Hi

Originally posted by Ben45 Ben45 wrote:

Look closely at this www.whpcanada.org.au you find that its a link for Cosultants and its far differents from CIC link for all forms of immigration. Have a close look at their contacts, its different from CIC, when you look as well as at the fee, where to submite your application, processing time, after arrival even when they update the information you will notice that its totally different so mind you that its only CIC that offers all forms of visas. Just call CIC 1-888-242-2100 TO FIND OUT. GOOD LUCK

It is the IEC (International Experience Canada) . It is an open work permit for various countries to allow young people to work/travel in Canada for up to 2 years. (Varies by country and whether a second visa is permissible) For Australian citizens, the visa is valid for 2 years. The information can be found here: http://www.whpcanada.org.au/introduction.shtml
PMM
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Ben45 Ben45 wrote:

You're confusing www.whpcanada.org.au with another web site. www.whpcanada.org.au is the official government site for the IEC for Aussies program. The CIC web site does not house information/forms for IEC.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 7:30am
I believe this article is talking about the same visa I had (as well as a similar visa). I'm under 30 & was approved for a 2yr Work Holiday Program visa in Canada (I have just returned to Australia as it is now expired).
There was very little paperwork, I didn't have to have a job lined up...as far as I know, it has been available for a number of years.
Aussiechick72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussiechick72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 8:11am
Really? wow, do you have much info on how you went about it?  Id be really interested to know...not so much for my self (9 years too old lol) but my daughter will be 18 in April, and shes coming here at xmas...It would be great to get an idea of what we are looking at in order for her to get a job..will she need to do something before she leaves Sydney? or worry about it when shes here? much appreciated "Kangaroo" :D
Married to Canadian
29/03/11
put in paperwork
29/05/11
still waiting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic