Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW SUPER VISA FOR PARENTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obhiaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW SUPER VISA FOR PARENTS
    Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 7:54am
CIC announced yesterday the parent/GP super visa and suspended all sponsoring application for parents and GP for 2years. One of the criteria they said in the new visa program amongst others is that the applicant will have to have ties to their home country. what is lacking is there are no clarification of what makes someone has ties to their home country.This needs to be clarified. Any suggestions

Obhiaba
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 10:21am
Proof of ties includes things such as:

- property ownership
- business ownership
- lease / rental agreements
- proof of employment
- bank accounts
- family ties
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by scylla scylla wrote:

Proof of ties includes things such as:

- property ownership
- business ownership
- lease / rental agreements
- proof of employment
- bank accounts
- family ties

For my parents, they own no property, are not business owners, have no lease agreement (because they are living at grandparents house), retired, no bank accounts (they hide money in the closet and whatever I can send them from Canada), and will have a hell of time proving any family ties because most their brothers and sisters are from villages with no birth certificates or passports (having never travelled). I guess they will never qualify :)
marvel2345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marvel2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 4:20pm
And don't forget the private Canadian medical insurance requirement! Has anyone delt with www.safevisit.ca ?

I've spoken to them on the phone, they seem good, just wanted a second opinion!! :)
zanelawson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanelawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 7:29am
Maybe an updated birth certificate from their home country. Or any updated legal document from their home country.
havera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 3:27pm
You can also get Visitors to Canada Insurance here http://www.arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada. Manulife Financial has pretty good rates right now.
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:54am
Super visa requirements have been posted by CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp
Juzar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 8:04am

My mother has been to Canada on a temporary visa of six months and my sister had extended her visa and she has lived in Canada for two years before coming back to Kenya. After that we had applied for a temporary visa twice and they rejected and live in caregiver once which they also rejected. The reason for rejecting the temporary visa was Close family ties in Canada and no employment.

I have got permanent residence visa and become a PR on 3rd October 2011. My sister is settled in Canada and she is a Canadian citizen. She has sponsored my mother two and half year ago but they say it will still require four and half years before the sponsorship can be complete. My younger brother is on work permit in canada and has no intention of coming back to Kenya.

My mother is staying with me currently staying alone in Kenya and i had to come back to Kenya since no one to look after her. My son and wife are currently in Canada. I wanted assistance on how i can also take my mother together with me so that we can all go and settle in Canada. I cant just leave my mother alone in Kenya and i really want to start a new life in Canada.  Can i apply for Parent Super visa. How can i prove sufficient family ties?
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 8:19am
It doesn't sound like you would qualify to sponsor your mother for a super visa because you just arrived in Canada (you must meet minimum income requirements in order to sponsor you mother for the super visa). But maybe your sister would qualify?

As for showing ties, your mother would have to demonstrate that she still has ties to Kenya. This could include proof such as property ownership, bank accounts, a business, family, etc.
Gary Goldshmidt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Goldshmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 5:54am
SafeVisit.ca only deals with one carrier.
If you want to shop for a policy you need a broker that can shop the market with multiple carriers like TIC, Travel Underwriter, GMS, Travel Guard. etfs. You will get better rates than SafeVisit.ca

Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc. deals with all  five of them saving you time and money.
You can contact me directly I will be happy to send you a quote and the policy for you to review.

For more information contact:

Edited by Gary Goldshmidt - 15 Dec 2011 at 12:39am
Gary Goldshmidt
Managing Director
Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.
Toll Free 1888.410.4393
Local Toronto Tel: 416.410.4393
Email:[email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic