Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Children immigration question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Children immigration question
    Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 8:47am
Hi,

Me and my wife are Canadian resident (PR) from past 3 years. I have recently applied for my Canadian citizenship and expecting the process to take 1 year to 18 months.  My wife is pregnant and due to medical issue she has traveled back to the native country. 
My question is if the baby is born there, how would i have to go about the process to bring them here. would i need to apply for immigration for my newborn ? I can't figure it out on cic.gc.ca so any help would be great !

Thanks
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 6:19pm
Hi

Originally posted by asifatt asifatt wrote:

Hi,
Me and my wife are Canadian resident (PR) from past 3 years. I have recently applied for my Canadian citizenship and expecting the process to take 1 year to 18 months.  My wife is pregnant and due to medical issue she has traveled back to the native country. 
My question is if the baby is born there, how would i have to go about the process to bring them here. would i need to apply for immigration for my newborn ? I can't figure it out on cic.gc.ca so any help would be great !
Thanks

1. The child is born, then you submit a sponsorship and application for the child to Missisauga. The application would be sent to the overseas office where the child is residing to be processed.   See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp for the forms and the instructions.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic