Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marital status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aininlima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marital status
    Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 12:14pm
hello to everyone, i need some help. Im working as live-in caregiver here in canada for two years and now I am submitting my application for permanent residence. My friend reviewed my application form and found out that im still choosing "single" as my marital status.

I got married last 1997 then after few months we became separated then year 2000 my husband passed away. Since I got married I did not change my marital status, i always used "single". Also, I never use his surname and we dont have kids.

And now my friend adviced me to change my marital status from single to widowed and she told me to correct it right now. I know she was right but from the very start i used "single" and if im gonna change it to widowed, it will be a big question to the immigration officer.

I need some advice from you guys, do u think i need to change it or stay with single status?

And if i stay with single status, do you think the canada immigration revoke my application and send me back to my country if they found out that i lied?

hope to hear from you guys, thanks

Aussiechick72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussiechick72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 2:44pm
yep i would change it directly to widowed,as technically you never got divorced, or that being said, get a statuatory declaration and state what the facts are on it then have it signed by a notarary public with a seal (at home we call them J.P's, Justice of the Peace) then send it in with your file number :)
Married to Canadian
28/12/10,Sydney Australia
Arrive Saskatchewan with kids
29/03/11
put in paperwork
29/05/11
still waiting
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic