Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsoring My wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsoring My wife
    Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 2:29pm

Hi everyone:

I am Canadian citizen and i want to sponsor my Filipina wife. We just got married. My question is what are the steps (Step by step) and the documents that i need to start processing and submitting to Mississauga office an application to sponsor her. I really appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you and God Bless

Abdull

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 6:31pm
The CIC online material is largely user-friendly, recognizing that there are a lot of details and particulars involved applicable to a great variety of persons and circumstances, so it is a lot to digest. It takes time. It takes some effort. It takes some focus. But if one is patient and focused, after reading through the material a few times (on multiple occasions, not all at once) and doing some rough draft runs through the forms, it makes sense and gets easier.

So, see the CIC page titled Application to sponsor a member of the family class and also see the page titled Sponsoring your family. (The blue text constitutes links to the respective CIC pages.)

After you have read through the forms and guides and other CIC information, you will have a much better idea of what you need to do and if you still have questions you can ask more specific questions.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Ben2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 6:38pm
1) Hi, all you need is to get the family class application and then decide if you wanna do an in land or out land Application, make sure all the questions are ansered and if anything does not apply to you just put N/A. Make sure you application is sent with the check list.

2) Make sure you have paid the correct fee

3) Make sure you send all the suporting douments thats icludes legal and non legal supporting documents as a proof of you marriage and relations ship this includes

4) mariage certicate
5) Birth certificate
6) Police clearence check
7) your identifications IDs such as a copy of your passport, Citizenship card, a copy of your wife's possport shpwing her names and adress if she has one
7) Her medicals, she should do her medicals before you can send your application to avoid unesasary delays
8) All other documents that can prove your relationship this includes all receipts for a money transfer if you do sent her money, proof of communications such as phone bills, emails, greetings cards whatever can show that you relationship was genuine and will continue. There are alot of experts here who will guide you and give you more information.

Good luck
Appl Sent 09 Spt 2011, Received at CPC ......., Tranfered to Nairobi.........., In Process.........., Only God knows when
abdull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 6:38pm
Thank you for your reply and help. I was hoping that someone on the forum who went through the process can give me a guide on the steps that i need to do. Again thank you and i really appreciate your help.
Abdull
abdull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 6:44pm
Hi Ben2009:
  Thank you for your response. My wife is still in manila Philippines. So when i fill in the application online do i also sent her her part to fill in, and then ask her for the list of documents that you listed in your response. Her passport does have to be changed so it shows her married name or no. Any help from you is really appreciated
Thank you
Abdull
Ben2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 7:34pm
Well you have to fill up your application and she has to fill hers and send it to you with all the supporting documents then you will send them to Mississauga then Mississauga will transfer everything to the Visa office serving your country or if you want she can send hers her self and you send yours your self but its better when you send everything together including her medicals. The passport does need to be change because it shows the date it was issued to her and the other douments shows when you got married, Make sure you do send also a proof of your travaling such other your air line tickets or boarding pass if you have them but if you dont have to worry about those. a copy of your passport should include also inlude the pages where you got your visa to and from.
Appl Sent 09 Spt 2011, Received at CPC ......., Tranfered to Nairobi.........., In Process.........., Only God knows when
abdull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 8:44pm
Hi Ben200:
  Thank you again for your help and kindness. So, what i understand from you is that, for now i will ask my wife to fill up her part of the application and send it to me with the needed documents(The one you list in your previous response) . Then i will fill in my part of the sponsorship application and send everything together (Her Part and Mine) to the processing center in Mississauga.So is that correct?
Also, Could you please tell me what is the total fee i have to pay (Sponsoring spouse out side Canada)?

Thank you and God Bless
Abdull
Ben2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 12:35pm
Thats right Abdul, she has to complete her application and make sure she signs them and send them to you as well as a proof that she has done her Medical exams from a an authorised Medical Doctor then you you send them all together with your Application to Mississauga. Note unsign papers will be returned to you. Sent anything that proves your relationship, even if you used calling cards send them, e-mails, print some e-mail that she sent you and she should also provide some e-mails that you send her all whatever that can show that you were communicating. For the fees, I would sugest you to pay all the required fee if you have that amount thats the best way to avoid delays. Its $1040.00 Canadian Dollars payable eith on line or at any Financial instituation in Canada and you have to attached the receipt showing that you have made the payment. Here is what you pay for

1) Sponsorship application (per application)------- $ 75.00
2) Principal applicant --------------------------- $475.00
3) Right of Permanent Residence Fee ----------------$490.00

TOTAL ----------------------- $ 1040.00

Good Lucky man, we are in the same boat

abdull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 12:47pm
Hi Ben2009:
  Thank you again for your help and kindness. I really appreciate all you have done. The world is a better place with people like you. Again thank you and God Bless. One more question if you do not mind:
  I got married last month, it will take my wife probably a month or tow to get all the documents we need. So i am thinking to submit the Sponsorship application maybe in December this year or early January next year. So the question:
  Is there a time limit when you have to submit the sponsorship application form the date of your wedding (ie it will be 2-2.5 months from my wedding date when i will submit the Sponsorship application to the Mississauga processing center). ?
Thank you again and God bless
Abdull
Ben2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 3:41pm
My friend may be God is using me, well I am in the same boat as you so here we have got to help each other lol. Well the time you submite your application doesnt really matter, what matter is that you submite them when you are legaly married, the Application is completed and signed and all the supporting documents, you have paid the correct processing fees and you are not on a social welfaire here in Canada. The rest you can submit your Application one day after your wedding, one years, 10 years after its up to the Applicants. CIC doesnt care when was your wedding but want to know if you are legaly married to each other and you agree to the sponsorship agreement. I would advise you do submite your application the sooner tha better to avoid temptations for both of you you know what I mean, to avoid as well very long wait to be together and even if few months afater your application is in process you go to welfare or you are not working they will still process the Application and a permanent Visa will still be given so my dear friend dont wait the sooner the better then you setle when you know that you have done your part, the rest will be God and the immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic