Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

brith certificate not available

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brith certificate not available
    Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:43am
Hi all,

When I came across the applicant's checklist for family sponsorship, I realized that I need to supply my husband's birth certificate. But my husband does not have one, not even vaccination records or school records. Under the civil status docs, they require birth certificate. Anyone run into this trouble before? What can I do?

-FD
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:12am
National identity cards or other official document is an alternate on the checklist. Is he not able to obtain a national identity card?
Another official document could also mean Identity pages from a passport or an official governmtnt issued photo id.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
futuredentist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:10pm
Redeagle,

If you look in Appendix A, in box 2 it says,
Birth and/or baptism certificate.

If birth is registered late, you need to include original baptism cert, original school records, voter's ID card.

In my husband's case there is no birth certificate. The appendix does not list any alternatives.

Does anyone have a clue?

-FD
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:18pm
Provide national identity cards, birth certificates, baptismal certificates or other official document confirming relationship for you and each of your family members.

Which region specific forms are you looking at? I assume they are all the same. This is from number 6 on Apendix A.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:19pm
Many countries offer National identity cards now days.
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:56pm
Depending on the country, you may be able to get one issued, or some other government document that serves the same purpose.  My wife did not have a birth certificate (China) but she was able to get a notarized record of birth from the government public notary office.  Dig a little more to find out what the local government will provide for you. 
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
futuredentist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futuredentist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 4:40pm
I think my husband will be able to get something from his village office. I hope that's good enough. It even says to include original matriculation certs. Will they send them back once they are done with em? 
EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 10:07pm
Yes, they give everything back to you eventually; in my partner's case, they gave her everything back at the end of her interview.
ariell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:33pm
My husband does not have a birth certificate. He submitted a notarized affidavit of his birthdate instead which was accepted with no problems and he was issued his visa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic