Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 246>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarinaCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:46pm
Hi, Kamjeet..
no, they didn't double book.. they didn't book it on their end at all.  The gentleman that came down to talk to the DRO told me that I couldn't wait for someone to come in because they hadn't even Looked at my file yet!  Meanwhile I received a call from the IAD office to tell me of my appointment and I received a call from the ministers department to tell me about the date.  The just didn't schedual the Ministers Counsel.. it's soooo frustrating!  If we are late, too bad.. but it they are late it's ok.. no big deal.  They were late with my infor from the VO - 120 days turned into 139 days!  And now this.  Grr.  sooooo frustrating.  Angry
MarinaCee
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:54pm

Marina, did they send you a letter advising you of your ADR date or they just called?

It's too bad that  it happened. Who knows how much longer it will be. I feel bad for you. it also makes sad that now you have to wait longer. But then there nothing you can do. Let's just hope that they reschedule you soon. I think you already know this but if you don't hear anything by the second week of January, give them a call.
MarinaCee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarinaCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:59pm
I don't recall receiving a letter stating the date, but the DRO said they had sent one out and that she will get to the bottom of this mistake.  I hope she really means that.  I overheard the ladies talking behind the glass partition and they said this was the second time this happened and they weren't too happy about it.

I plan to call them on Monday to find out what is going on.  There must be someone that I can complain to about this... grr.  as you can tell, I'm still ticked about this lol
MarinaCee
smart_saqib143 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart_saqib143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 12:30pm
kamjeet may be you are right we should have taken full hearing at advance anyways but if you see we didn't loose ADR? he could just call my wife and ask some questions and then refuse why they just cancel it it doesn't seem right to me atleast they should let it happen why its so strange?
Filed Spouse Application September 2007
Case Transferred Islamabad February 2008
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009
ADR hearing Canceled Oct, 2009
Now waiting for any reply
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:07am
Smart_Saqib I can understand the pain you are going thru. I've been there. I know how frustrating this whole process is. There was a time when i wasn't sure if i was ever going to be able to bring my husband to Canand. I had met few people with similiar cases as mine and they even lost in Ferderal court, so i was freaking out everyday. I am so glad it's over. But do't worry your day will come and you will be with your family.
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:10am
marinaCee

If they make you wait  for months and months again maybe you should bring this to you MP's attention. He/she might be able to speak to the IAD for you. These issues need to be brought to someone's attention so the system can be made better. Not sure if  they will be of any help as some of the MP's  don't seem to  give a hoot about people like us, but it's worth a shot.

Edited by kamjeet - 21 Dec 2009 at 10:17am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart_saqib143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 3:19pm
Thanks Kamjeet, i like your support whenever we hear something about bright hope towards our desire goals i feel good yes its been so hard living without my wife and just dreaming to be with her than to be with her in real, if you dont mind what was in your case  i glad  you won it  but what really it was i am just curious.
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 4:45pm
Smart_saqib
are you asking what the reasons were for the refusal?
I am older than my husband
i have a child from previous marriage
i am more educated than my husband
we didn't spend too much time in person before marrying
we didn't go on honeymoon long enough
Immigration was more susupicious about my husband's intentions for marrying me and they thoght  i was genuine. My husband gave a really good interview. all the reasons were  not for the lack of knowledge about each other, mainly  the differences as mentioned as above.

Edited by kamjeet - 23 Dec 2009 at 5:00pm
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2009 at 11:00pm

Could someone explain the BF date again please.  I see ours is May 2011.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart_saqib143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 5:44pm
Oh kamjeet thanks for your words and by the way Merry Christmas to everyone, and very Happy new year.

Kamjeet  much of the things are similar in my case as well but as i chat too much with my wife day and night and she shares everything and i share everything to her and we have long relationship thats why whatever interviewer asked i replied well overall my interview was good but its so disappointing i was still refused even i gave them very much credible evidences, and much better evidences to in ADR if that evidences go through their eyes and they know our sufferings why did they make us more wait its going to be three months since they sent our Case in Court i did not hear anything, i do not know what is going on and why this court process so slow, we say here in Pakistan that our judicial system is so slow where people die before finding the justice i see same in Canada my wife had to wait two and half years to get divorce now this visa process. Oh my Allah my wait is just like a prisoner who had done a sin(Marriage to an american ) and i am being punished for that, i am still missing the Happiness of the free birds who wish to fly high after long time of being in cage but my wait never gets end either their clear No not coming to put lock on our fates to reach each other we would find an alternative way to be together.
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 246>
  Share Topic