Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 246>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:38pm
I didn't have much choice in telling everyone, I lived in a very small town where everyone works for one of 3 companies and everyone knows everyone elses business. Plus, one of the 2 people I told blabbed it to everyone.

Edited by mingus - 10 Dec 2009 at 12:38pm
smart_saqib143 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart_saqib143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:24pm
congrats Kamjeet Celebrate this happy moment we are happy for you,

i am totally agree with gilda that we are tired of telling people when we will be gone, or when my wife tells people that he will be here on Christmas or new year or wedding anniversary.

People still ask me cuz i am in process almost two and half years and our relationship crossed sixth year mashllah, so people wonder why i can not have the right to be with my wife they still ask but i never tell them when i will be gone cuz i feel embarrassment that i alwaysBig smile say i am going and i not goingCool. But hopes are alive we will face this hard time Inshallah ul aziz And Inshallah ul aziz we will be the winners Embarrassedlet them test our patience Allah is with us.

Edited by smart_saqib143 - 11 Dec 2009 at 12:25pm
Filed Spouse Application September 2007
Case Transferred Islamabad February 2008
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009
ADR hearing Canceled Oct, 2009
Now waiting for any reply

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart_saqib143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 4:41am
seems we missed some of the users of this thread, i do not see much posts where are you guys?
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:34am
smart_saqib,
some of us have moved to the other thread "Timeline after appeal allowed"

any news for you yet? 

Edited by kamjeet - 16 Dec 2009 at 11:36am
MarinaCee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarinaCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 3:21am
My ADR was"suppose" to be Today but the ministers council didn't show up!! I'm soo ticked off!! Has this happened to anyone else??
MarinaCee
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 10:14am
MarinaCee.....I am shocked !!!!

Now what's going to happen? are they going to make you wait for another day??? Oh my god!!!!!

There was another girl Rosebella who got stuck on the train and was late  by an hour for her ADR hearing, she even called them from the train explaining the situation. once she made it to the office, they told her it was too late. the minister's council didn't talk to her and  the mediator for the IAD told her to go to full hearing!!!!!! this makes me sick.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart_saqib143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 12:01pm
hello Kamjeet now you are relief from appeal headache now much easier for you to have your husband, nothing i heard i do not know how long we have to wait new year comes i think it wrong option for them to give us ADR and cancel before it happens just like we file appeal from the beginning what you think?
Interview November, 2008
Refused January, 2009
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
smart_saqib, in cases like mine and yours, they mostly have full hearings. they should have scheduled for full hearing in the first place. and your lawyer should have requested full hearing. Lawyers should know if your case would win in ADR. I was pushing my lawyer to get me ADR and he said to me that i had a better chance of winning full hearing.

My headache about the appeal is over but another long wait starts. People still wait up to a year after winning appeals. I'll see how long I have to wait.

I hope you get your date soon.

Edited by kamjeet - 18 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
MarinaCee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarinaCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 4:42pm

They said they "hoped" to be able to reschedual for January... if we're lucky!  I can't believe it.. I got there Early, the DRO came out to meet me and told me this news and I told her I'd wait for someone.  When someone from the Ministers council came down to speak to me, they tried to blame it on IAD and IAD blamed it on Ministers schedualing.... and while they play the blame game, we're still stuck Waiting for Them!

MarinaCee
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:19pm

Marina, i'll say that's redicilous.  Keep calling them and make sure you get in, in January. What was the reason for the guy for not showing up? Did they double book?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 246>
  Share Topic