Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 246>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:31am
I too have gone thru the whole stress sickness thing since this process has started over 18 months ago. It got so bad that I actually took a job transfer with my company just so I could move to a new town and have something new to deal with. Something else to try to help take my mind off of everything. Also I was nice not having everyone know about what was going on and not having to asnswer the "when is he coming question" 100 times a day.

My health started to go down hill drastically and last off, I was told I am diabetic. That was the straw that broke me. I made up my mind that immigration has kept me away from my husband, but they were not taking my health too.

I have faced the fact that it maybe a while before my husband is at my side in Canada so I might as well enjoy my alone time while I can. I have started helping one of my local high school with their drama productions, joined a woman's group and taken up knitting. It is just enough to get me out of the house and keep my mind off of things. I am going to do as many things as I can right now, because once he gets here, my time will no longer be just mine and neither will be the TV remote .

nothing can fill the emptiness I feel without my husband, but a good chick flick, a big box of choclate and a box of tissues does do the soul good.
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 1:41pm
SSHB

I appealed last week of June 2009, I was told I would have ADR by mail in November and I am still waiting for the date to be held. (through Montreal).  Hope this helps.  I am anxiously awaiting.  Just work on the organization of your response to the refusal. 
stressout25 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:40pm
tgchi13, I am very sorry for your sickness. I wish you a speedy recovery INSHALLAH.

Mrs JDL, Have faith, we all have our bad days. Good things come for those who wait. INSHALLAH we'll be with our love onces "ONE DAY."

Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:45pm
mingus, I know what you mean by this question "when is he coming question" 100 times a day.
People asked me this question " When are you going to be with your husband?" 1000 times a day gosh I hate that question. I wish if I can move out from my neighbourhood too, but too bad for me I don't have an alternative. Sometimes I feel like this process will never end, I wish that I can see a sign that I will get to be with my husband soon.....

It's hard when you looking at happy couple enjoying the season. When all you can do is just wonder if you will ever be like them or if I'll be with my husband for next Christmas or still be here crying and waiting for him? Damn this sucks... I miss my baby soo much!!

Edited by stressout25 - 09 Dec 2009 at 5:19pm
mingus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mingus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 6:07pm
What has been getting to me lately is last year this time we were saying oh next year he will be here to go to the christmas party, next winter he would be here for the 1st snow fall, next year, next year,next year and now here we find ourselves say those same things again. How many "next years" will we have to endure before we can say this year?

And I'm not even going to get into the whole baby thing! It seems like everyone I work with is having one and here I sit waiting till next year again......
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:15pm
mingus, Oh my gosh, I can't believe I am not alone. We both are in the same boat.
We keep saying next year we will do this and that; and the next year never reach. Oh about the baby thing , oh my! all my friends having kids,they talking about their kids, what they would give them for Christmas and me here waiting and waiting, more long waiting to have a baby and start my family. Gosh What the hell did I do wrong? Is it wrong to fall in love with a Canadian? if thats wrong then I don't wanna be right.
robyng65 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyng65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:47pm
stressout25, mingus and others. We have been saying "next year" for two years now three will be 2010 and I am heartbroke. And as for baby some are lucky they are young, I am now 44 and the last chances for me are slipping by yet we wanted chance for one child together before I could not anymore. I panic to think a broken immigration system could ruin our lives and chance to even have a child together. I have got nothing, no news, no chance of news for I don't know how long. I thought they might be IT advanced enough to have a scheduling database or software that they could just let us know when our appeal date would be even if it is 6 months or 8 months down the road, it would just be nice to have a date to look forward to. I think they force suffering upon us, I really do.
robyng65 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyng65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 8:49pm
GildaNewBrunswick, have faith, you will get ur ADR date in the mail very soon. I'll pray it is your Christmas present okay. I been missing you, hope to get to talk to you soon. Enjoy the "lovely" winter weather, ha ha.
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:04pm
Everyone, I don't have to deal with the 100 questions a day because I limited the number of people I told about my situation---specifically, because I knew I could not deal with the questioning.  People do not understand that this is not an overnight process and they don't understand.  Even with the people I told, they are still astounded with what we go through.

When they say "maybe he will be here for Xmas"----I can tell them emphatically that he will not be here this Xmas and maybe not next Xmas!  But, I don't think they really understand what I am saying.

I think the solution is to limit the number of people who know.  In this situation it is easier to suffer in silence!  Xmas is difficult, Thanksgiving was difficult, New Year's Eve will be lonely----again!   It goes on and on!
kamjeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamjeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:00am

Finally, i received the decision letter yesterday.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 246>
  Share Topic