Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 246>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosa_bella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 9:00pm
hi,
i don't know about calling ottawa,but have you tried the call centre? they should be able to answer your question: 1888-242-2100 mon-fri 8.30- 4.30.best of luck
Our best successes,comes after our disappointments.
rosa_bella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosa_bella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 9:01pm
hi,
i don't know about calling ottawa,but have you tried the call centre? they should be able to answer your question: 1888-242-2100 monday -friday 8.30- 4.30.best of luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosa_bella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 9:05pm
oops !!!!,sorry only wanted to post once,computer problem.
tunisianbride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tunisianbride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 10:21pm
Can someone please tell me, in spousal appeals, do most people get scheduled for ADR first, then it either gets cancelled or goes ahead depending on the proof sent in prior to the date of the ADR hearing? 
Oct.08/09-Appl.sent CPC-M
Nov.04/09-Approved
Dec.29/09-ECAS 'in process'
Jan.07/10-AOR-Paris
Apr.19/10-interview May 5th
Jun.15/10-Decision Made
Jun.25/10-'Refused'!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosa_bella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 10:50am
Hello tunisianbride,
If the IAD feels that your case is simple enough to be won at ADR,then they will schedule you for that.As far as i can see most people do get ADR first,not many have been cancelled or changed to full hearing,it's the minister's counsel who sometimes don't want to be bothered sifting through all the evidence they see and ask to cancel the hearing ,passing the work to someone else I.In my opinion,ADR'S are not simple and easy.The Minister's Counsel have all the power and the Mediator cannot stop them or choose not to,they are really hard on you,they basically do what they want.It's a little bit different at the full hearing,especially if you have your own counsel.i wish you the best of luck in your appeal.
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 8:04pm
I think it is not ottawa who instigates the sending

it may be the visa office that does the getting (accessing)

and it should show up on your ecas tracking...it will say medicals received..
do you know how to check ecas or have you checked ecas ?

good luck
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 2:45pm

Tunisian Bride

I agree--not many get cancelled---there is usually a valid reason for that.  Mine was cancelled due to the laziness/carelessness of Minister's Council who did not read my documentation.  I did get another date months later which I lost.
It rarely gets cancelled because of a strong case "on paper'.  If they feel they need to talk to your husband again they will set full appeal which is the reason I am waiting for full appeal date.
dreamin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 4:48pm
if you have applyed for appeal hearing..and they have recived  all the paper work from the visa office ,and they recived it in toronto,wht i would like to know if they recived everything b4 120 days and ur case has a date set already for  adr is this a good sign or a bad one i would like to know, i have sent in more imfo.so i would like to know has anyone who is from canada and goin threw toronto every has this done so fast let me know thanxs,,
togal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote togal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 9:55pm
I was hoping someone had the actual phone number to Ottawa to ensure they have forwarded the Medical Results to the Visa Office.  I thought I saw it in previous posts.  But thank you for your reply
dreamin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 9:55pm
can some tell me how hard or easy for adr and if won how fast will it take b4 u know if ur husband comin ..or is there a web site where u can check abouit ur appeal hearing,like there is a immagration web site u can go check ur prossessing  of ur app so i would like to know is there one for the appeal..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 246>
  Share Topic