Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IAD appeals, ADRs, & Federal Court judicial review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 246>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 10:54am

When you guys went on your own without a lawyer did you have someone help you organize your additional information, is there a guide or something that I could follow how to organize or how to separate the information ??????  I am trying to get the money together for a lawyer but it is expensive and I am alone.

rosa_bella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosa_bella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:31pm
hi nellie
            i had no help with my papers,i did it all my self.you could pay someone just to help you to organize your papers without hiring them,but can do it by yourself.you just have to number each page,put them in order of relevance,lyour first page would be a statement of service that you have served on the border services a copies of all the documents you will use.next your letter detailing your case,the relationship,when you met,what happened during the relationship,when you met in person,got married,how many times you've been to see him or vice versa etc. let me know if you have any other questions,good luck.
Our best successes,comes after our disappointments.
LEON View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LEON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 4:09am
Originally posted by ilum ilum wrote:

hi to all
sorry leon i was so busy with the kids dint get time to login.
No i havent heard any thing from islamabad yet. well i am expecting some thing soon. I did not email them bc i know they will send the generic reply so whats the use.
keep me updated.

Dear Ilum

Can you please share your post appeal timeline? Please share your timeline so we can compare timelines. We all three are in same boat. Good Luck

"Here is my post appeal timeline"

LEON (Husband)
23Jan08 - Appeal filed
17Jun09 - Scheduled ADR canceled
03Feb10 - Full hearing held - Appeal allowed
01Apr10 - CHC-ISB started re-processing the application
14May10 - Request for updated IMM Forms+ PCC+Redo Medical Request
28May10 - Re-medical completed & updated IMM forms sent

"Here is Sshb Post Appeal Timeline"

Sshb (Husband)
Feb 2008 Application sent to CIC-M
Mar 2008 CIC-M approved sponsorship
Apr 2008 CHC-ISB startedrpocessing, AOR received
Mar 2009 Scheduled interview
Jul 2009 Refusal letter received
Mar 2010 ADR help - Appeal allowed
Apr 2010 File back with CHC-ISB for processing
Jun 2010 Received request for re-medical, update PCC and IMM forms

Hope is a good Thing Maybe the best of things, No good thing ever dies.
sshb View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 10:25am
Leon congratessssss on your PPR..keep us in your prayers
Allah have mercy on meeeeeeeeeee

Edited by sshb - 07 Aug 2010 at 10:25am

lilylove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilylove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 11:42pm
Hello Leon, I forgot if I asked you this before. Can you please let me know if you had a lawyer or someone assisting you with appeal. How did you win the full hearing? Did this lawyer cost too much or did you go by yourself. I have a dilema- I spend thousand of dollars before for lawyers and they just confused our story and made things complex. So, now I don't know if I should go to the Full Hearing by myself or I should get someone. Please let me know your thoughts.
I also wanted to ask if anyone heard of "Roy Kellogg" and if anyone on this site thinks that he is good to hire for Appeal and Full Hearing? He is located in Toronto.

Thank you all for your feedback.
SP App Jun 2008
1st Int. Feb 2009
2nd Int.Apr 2009
3rd Int.Sep 2009
Denied
Appeal Oct 2009
Caips March 2009
FULL Hearing.Dec 6,10.
2nd-full hearing-Apr 5 2011.
Won Full Appeal-April 26,2011.
LEON View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LEON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 4:49am
Originally posted by lilylove lilylove wrote:

Hello Leon, I forgot if I asked you this before. Can you please let me know if you had a lawyer or someone assisting you with appeal. How did you win the full hearing? Did this lawyer cost too much or did you go by yourself. I have a dilema- I spend thousand of dollars before for lawyers and they just confused our story and made things complex. So, now I don't know if I should go to the Full Hearing by myself or I should get someone. Please let me know your thoughts.
I also wanted to ask if anyone heard of "Roy Kellogg" and if anyone on this site thinks that he is good to hire for Appeal and Full Hearing? He is located in Toronto.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Dear,
We did not hire any lawyer. we both (Myself and wife) completed everything without any lawyer or consultant. Beleive me you can do it by urself if you are true in your claims. Most people do not beleive in lawyers plus lawyers charge lot of money for nothing. So i will suggest you if (Sponsor) is fluent in english then no need to hire any lawyer. Actually Sponsor have to prove that visa officer decision was wrong and should be set aside. In appeal hearing onus/burden is on Sponsor/Appealant that he/she must prove that their relationship is true and not entered  primarily to get admission in Canada.
If you (sponsor/Appealant) fluent in english then do not hire any lawyer. Just go alone with (sponsored/applicant) and you will win. You just need to prepare appeal record file with proper numbering on each page. you have to make 2 files of appeal record 1 for IAD and 2 for Immigration Minister counsel. Prepare files like a book........On first page there should be INDEX... which shows every Chapter Page number so IAD Panel Member and Immigration Minister's counsel can find your record easily. Both files should be numbered same way.
Good Luck

Edited by LEON - 08 Aug 2010 at 4:51am
Hope is a good Thing Maybe the best of things, No good thing ever dies.
tunisianbride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tunisianbride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 9:40am
Lilylove.  That's funny that you ask this question about Roy Kellogg, because I was going to do exactly the same thing! (ask this question in the forum) I found him on the internet the other day, and I emailed him about what he would charge to represent me in an appeal, and he responded very quickly.  He seems like he would be good in some ways, as he used to work for the Minister's Counsel but....I don't know.  Just google him and you can judge for yourself.  Anyways, I'm in the same boat as you, in that I can't decide whether I should just go it alone, or hire a consultant or lawyer.  After hearing about your bad experience with lawyers, and the fact that I would have to max out my credit card to pay for one, plus, hearing that Leon and plenty of others, won their appeal without a lawyer or consultant, I'm thinking that I might be better off without a lawyer.  Like Leon and everyone has said many times before too, that they can all help us every step of the way, and we must remember too, that we know our story better than any lawyer does.  Afterall, the decision is in God's hands so maybe having representation, isn't going to change the outcome anyway.   
Oct.08/09-Appl.sent CPC-M
Nov.04/09-Approved
Dec.29/09-ECAS 'in process'
Jan.07/10-AOR-Paris
Apr.19/10-interview May 5th
Jun.15/10-Decision Made
Jun.25/10-'Refused'!
dea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 4:31pm
Hi Everyone!! :)
Just wondering if anyone has received a date for full hearing or IAD yet.
I have been waiting for a date for the full hearing since May 2010 because the Ministers Council didn't feel comfortable on making the decision to let my appeal go forward and decided that a judge would be better for that decision. :(
Anyone have any news on this during the summer at all??
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 6:03pm
tunisianbride and lilylove - sent you guys a PM
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
lilylove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilylove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 6:20pm
Hello Leon, thank you for your advice. I was going to go alone to the Full Hearing but got a little intimidated because I dont know if I can handle this on my own. I am also very hesitant about these lawyers/consultants since they all after our $$$$$.
Thank you and you give me courase to go into the court by myself since you had done it and won I will also go at it alone.

Thank you again,

LoveLilySmileSmile
SP App Jun 2008
1st Int. Feb 2009
2nd Int.Apr 2009
3rd Int.Sep 2009
Denied
Appeal Oct 2009
Caips March 2009
FULL Hearing.Dec 6,10.
2nd-full hearing-Apr 5 2011.
Won Full Appeal-April 26,2011.