Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sending in original documents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sending in original documents
    Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 6:37am
hi everyone,

really busy over here with the application of my common-law partner who I am sponsoring. We live in Spain, but she is not a national citizen here and both of us pay taxes in Ireland as we work for an Irish company, she moved in with me last year, and we haven´t changed any of the utilities to her name, not even the address on her residency card here in Spain as she is European as has full rights here. I was now offered a great job back in Canada and I want to take her with me and suddenly we see ourselves in need to prove that she lives here. We do have mail addressed to her from the Spanish government to this address, family letters, invoices from amazon, registered mail etc but our question is, if we send in these originals, I mean we have the actual envelopes with the addresses and if something happens to the file we submit, we are left with nothing. Has anyone faced this situation before. Should we scan the documents, send that and explain to the CIC services that the originals are with us and will be presented upon request?

If anyone out there can shed some light on this matter we´d really appreciate it!

Patience Tuesday View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patience Tuesday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 8:06am
Welcome to the forum!

Scanning is an excellent idea.  This way you get to keep the originals, just in case you need them and you can send the copies to the government who does not necessarily send originals back.

I don't even know if you would *need* to send in a note explaining that you would hand them over on request, however it won't hurt your cause.

Best of luck!

-H
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 11:40am
Scanning is perfectly fine. I just made photocopies of almost everything I sent in. Except the originals that they asked for. 
Also, do you have a joint bank account? Is the Spain address on it? If you don't have a joint bank account then maybe just her bank account with the Spain address will work as well. 

Good luck!
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic