Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - They asked me to bring my 13 kid to  interview !?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They asked me to bring my 13 kid to interview !?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They asked me to bring my 13 kid to interview !?
    Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 6:45pm
I am sponsored by Canadian permanent resident, who I am officially married. Recently I have been invited for interview and have been asked to bring my 13 years daughter to Interview. It's said in the note that myself and my daughter have to come ! I am very confused and I can not believe it! It can be a stress for my daughter , it can be some questions and issues I would like not to be heard by my daughter , she is still a kid , under 18. I also do not want to be separated with her during the interview and I also do not want her be interviewed separately ! I that a correct procedure or it some mistake has been made ! Does anyone had such experience ?< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
ssani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 7:32pm
Another question : My Sponsor wants to come to visit me before the interview ! Is that possible and will not make any problems ? I read that PR (as my sponsor is) MUST physically stay in Canada, after he applied for sponsorship and till the process is finished (and hopefully I will be granted Immigrant Visa). We were planning his visit but it seems he have to cancel it now and wait.  It's been almost a year ! I am confused: on one side we are both very happy that I have been invited for interview and hope we can be together very soon. On the other hand I do not want to wait another month, before I can see him. < id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
mitamata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitamata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 9:34pm
As a PR, he has to live in Canada in order to sponsor you. That doesn't mean he has to be present in Canada at all times, it just means he has to maintain residence there. So he's free to visit you for a short time.

I don't think I've ever heard of CIC interviewing a kid. I'm not sure why they asked you to bring her with you, hopefully it's just a technicality and she won't have to answer any questions. If they ask her to though... well, you have to decide how to handle it. Personally, I'd say you're well within your rights to tell them to leave her alone, but it might put your visa in jeopardy - they might think you're hiding something.

What visa office is this btw?
Outland - spousal - Vienna - 2009
Feb 16th - app received at CPC-M
Mar 3rd - decision made at CPC-M
Mar 27th - received AOR
Apr 29th - PPR received via email
May 12th - Passport with visa received :)
immigrationstep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immigrationstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 12:59pm
i think the child has to be over 14 to be interviewed and yes they can interview her is they choose too
ssani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 3:51pm
The processing office is Moscow, Russia. We have nothing to hide but I would rather not let someone except me ask my daughter on some issues, regarding my relations to my husband. I hope this was a mistake as I noticed that the requirements in the call note were very general and some could not be applicable to my case at all.  For instance they want to see the work book (work history) of my husband ! My husband is my sponsor and he does not have the workbook anymore , as he has been living in Canada for the last 5 years !  < id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
shampy2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shampy2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 9:16pm
What do you mean by workbook? or does not have work histroy from last 5 years? Would you please explain that?

Did he not file his taxes from last 5 years? or does not have any T4 slips if he was an employee?
ssani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 3:48am
WorkBook is the document , which is only applicable in Russia. My sponsor does not work in Russia any more and his WorkBook is not updated and has only old records made before he left the country 5 years ago. He as a legal business in Canada and file taxes and everything! I think that asking for my husband workbook was a mistake. It seemed they did not read my application very carefully - my husband and my sponsor is the same man! < id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic