Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

URGENT SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE IMM 5540 HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boredinksa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by mapgirl mapgirl wrote:

It doesn't say anything about this question in the guide. The question is from IMM 5540 SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE
Question 8 - Give the name of the countries where you resided, your complete address(es) and phone numbers in these countries, as well as period of residence at each address

I would make the assumption that you need to list all countries since birth, since it does not say otherwise.   

My question is why is your wife not filling out the sponsor form herself?

resided = residence = means 6 months or more... a mere 5 day trip or going for 10 day excursion doesn't mean residence
ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 7:32pm
Ditto with what pmm said.

I have requested his advice in the past and fairly trust and beleive what he says. Although I could very well check this myself on the website if need be.
boredinksa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boredinksa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 4:49am
another thing: this questionnaire is not for the spouse ( the sponsored person ) but it is for the sponsor.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 9:45am
I am hoping you mean list all addresses since birth if the Sponsor has lived in any country other than Canada?? i.e if the sponsor was born in another country and gained PR themselves or has dual nationality? Or went to work Temporarily for a period of time longer than 6 months? Or Gained PR in another country? 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
komodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 1:59am
Originally posted by pmm pmm wrote:

Hi

Originally posted by bflava bflava wrote:

i think is the last 10 yrs....

read the guide.....

"When all else fails, read the instructions"

Actually it is the last 10 years or to the age of 18 whichever is the longest.

11.Personal history. - You must account for every month during the past 10 years or since the age of 18, whichever period is longer. Under “Activity”, print your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, enter what you were doing (for example, unemployed, studying, travelling).

Hi PMM, could you please point me to this guide? I've been looking for it with no luck ... I only have the IMM3900 guide, which doesn't say much about form IMM5540
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic