Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

assault withdrawn with a peace bond

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: assault withdrawn with a peace bond
    Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 3:32am
Hi there,

Here is my story:

Breaking up with ex girlfriend didn't go well six years ago that ended up with a peace bond and a lesson that this society is biased to male gender. I was charged and soon withdrawn with a one year peace bond, lawyer said it's not a criminal record and you have never been convicted of anything.

Unfortunately, the peace bond and withdrawn charge record that are not suppose to be in CPIC showed up on my fingerprint based RCMP criminal record check because my former lawyer didn't do his job applying for the destruction of fingerprint and photograph process. Usually, peace bond 810 won't show up in CPIC five years after its expiration date which was six years ago in my case, still appears on my record.

The problem is that the CIC had asked me for RCMP criminal record check last month, I still don't know how the peace bond will affect CIC's decision on my application. I was told by immigration lawyers that it won't be a problem and you shouldn't worry too much about that. But I have read various threads on this forum regarding the same or similar situation, they were either requested for an interview or be held upon judge's decision.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31259
http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28937

"Big Sexy" and "araheel" please help me out here, what happened to your application after? Happy ending I guess?

People with the same experience please help me with your story!!!

Mike

P.S. I have consulted with numerous immigration lawyers none of them had deal with similar situation. I'm dying to know people who had the same growing pain.
mike2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 3:09am
up
sanjeetsingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanjeetsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 2:09pm
hi, i know few ppl there canadian citizen app went through as they applied for file destruction through pardon services.... my question is it safe to travel for an immigrant to their country after getting peace bond and will there be any problem when they try to enter canada... have anyone did that with their personal experience...
Ralph M. Dzegniuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralph M. Dzegniuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:11pm
The lawyers were right: if you were not CONVICTED of a criminal offence, there shouldn't be any criminal record leading to a finding of inadmissibility.

If you have any further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact my office directly at the email address outlined below.

regards,

Ralph Dzegniuk, Barrister & Solicitor (B.A., L.L.B.)
Migration Law Chambers
82 Richmond Street East, Suite 305
Toronto, ON. M5C 1P1
Phone: (416) 548 9072
Fax: (416) 548 9092
www. migrate-2-canada. com
ralph@migrate-2-canada. com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanjeetsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 7:14pm
Hi mike2003 did u get ur citizenship yet..coz am in same exact situation...plz reply

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanjeetsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 4:07pm
Hi Mike plz tell me ur file status.... or any favorable advice plz...
ponda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 11:34pm
"Hi there, 
Here is my story: 
Breaking up with ex girlfriend didn't go well six years ago that ended up with a peace bond and a lesson that this society is biased to male gender. I was charged and soon withdrawn with a one year peace bond, lawyer said it's not a criminal record and you have never been convicted of anything. "

>>>Same story here, In Canada, First are the Kids, then come Women, then dogs and then men, specially non-white..no matter what SHE did, HE is going to get charged...

anyway, .... , had the same case,.... traveled outside country before peace bond ends: no problem, I was however asked at the airport upon return about the incident ...

did receive the Permanent Residency (it happened to be after the 12 months peace bond had ended)... HAD  interview, was asked about the incident ... no problem... 

conclusion: if it is Withdrawn with a peace bond, you name is clear, no problem...otherwise, you maybe in trouble....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanjeetsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013 at 2:05pm
thx Ponda for d reply, Did u get ur citizenship as well....coz i have to apply now so just curious...
debbie75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbie75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 1:05pm
We live in Toronto, Canada. My husband applied for PR on CEC category during August 2013. My husband had domestic violence charge and the case was withdrawn with peace bond and the peace bond did expire last month. We did apply for PR during August 2013 but it is getting delayed. I have few questions to ask like

1. The Peace bond expired on March 2015 and we did completed all the procedures of PR application so is there going to be any impact of Peace bond on PR? And if it is so are we going to get PR because now we are on Work Permit (Work permit will expire on Jan 2016)? Is there any estimation of time when to get PR after expiry of peace bond?

2. Is there any way to request urgent processing of the PR in this scenario?

3.Will we not get PR because of the Peace bond?

4. Any further formalities to be done from our side after peace bond expiry? My husband's lawyer has already requested for the deletion of the record.

I will really appreciate your cooperation. We are having a rough time going on with the delay of PR processing. We really all are going through lot of tension and distress.

We don't know what to do or with whom to contact . 

Please can you help us with some suggestions.

Debbie
DRB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic