Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 76>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker
    Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:18pm
Guys,

I created this post so as to continue our discussion regarding our long wait for background checks.  

Please participate. 

Regards,

mastermind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastermind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:44am
Question? is background check done after medical? thx
ahmoos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:57am
My guess is they start doing the BC when they send you the IA together with the medical forms.  This does not mean, however, that in some cases they might start it earlier.
mastermind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastermind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:33am
I already submitted my fee for Right for permanent residence,t4s & everything. so whats the next step then?
ahmoos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 11:51am
The next step will be to wait untill the contact you will the PPR.  Hopefully your wait wont be long
BTW what is ur time line.
newleaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newleaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:55pm
guys you wouldn't believe, i just got a letter from CSIS saying the background checks on my application have been cancelled due to a lack of information. I am so depressed right now not even sure what to do... feel like just ending this life.
ahmoos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:11pm
Newleaf,

I do not understnad what that means.  May be it is positive.  May be it means they will send your PPR.  Please explain what is the consequences of this letter.  Will they start BC all over?
newleaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newleaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:27pm
I dont even know what happened, I just got a letter from CSIS on Monday saying
"the background check has been cancelled due to a lack of information and I need to redirect my queries to CIC officials to reinstate the security enquiries."
I have already written to CIC but havn't got a response yet. This is such bull sh*t. My checks have been ongoing for almost  20 months now. They are supposed to write to us if they need information, clearly somebody isn't doing their job and we at the bottom end are taking hits.

ahmoos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:31pm
Newleaf, calm down.  The only thing you can do now is to wait for their reply.  But this is the first case that I hear this happening.  But what does it mean that you need to redirect your queries to CIC officials to reinstate the security enquiries. Do you mind stating you time line and where r u from. 
newleaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newleaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:16pm
Started processing application on Jan 28, 2008
02 April 08, Medicals received
19 July 08, requested police clearance from pakistan, Aug 08 received police clearance

dont think it matters where you are from, my friend is from the same place as I he got his processed in 6 months through FSW class.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 76>
  Share Topic