Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 747576
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 8:39pm
Hi, I have been asked for interview after a long time waiting for background check. I applied for CAIPS to see what is the reason for interview. I revived it today, but I can't see anything in this letter about why the asked for interview!. any comments?
masoud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 12:55pm

I had an interview last Friday (Dec 10 2010), it took them around five hours to finish the interview. The asked me about any relations to the security services of Egypt or any links to any embassy in Ottawa. Also, they asked me about the names of Egyptians in Canada who work for the Egyptian security services, Whether I am supporting the Egyptian government or opposing it, my relation, if any, with the opposition movement, the names of Egyptian political activiests in Canada and abroad, and my information about them, and stuff like this. The asked me to show them the contents of my wallet and the list of names in my cell phone, they wanted to know about the positions held by people in my cell phone contacts list, there political views, they took the phone numbers of some of my friends, and so on.

I do not know what made them think that I had any contacts with security services, and if their doubts (which are totally wrong) may lead to the refusal of my application.

Diddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 6:30pm
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent E-Mail enquiry.
Your application is at its final stage and your immigrant visa will be issued in the new year. Please be advised that it is not necessary to forward a repeat of a message several times. A response is sent to all incoming messages in a timely manner.

We trust that this information is of assistance.

Regards,

Immigration Section/Section d'immigration
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
Cinnah Cad. No: 58 Cankaya
Ankara - Turkey 

Dear all, 

this is the email i got from Canadian Consulate General after requesting information about my application procedure. Does that mean I'm approved? Please help me! I dont know if i should be happy or stressed!?!?!?!?
Diddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 6:37am
??????
Diddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 6:05am
oh  guys! All i need is an answer! where are you all?!?!
frezanezhad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 11:16pm
Hi, I have an interview next week. Does anyone has any experience with interview in Buffalo? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:18pm
Hello Masoud,
did you hear any about your immigration after that interview? any message from immigration office?
thnaks.

masoud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 7:59am
Hello my friend,

This is what I get in reply to an email I sent to Buffalo office on Dec 31 2010:

Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,

Good luck for you with your interview.

Masoud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 9:33pm
I recived a letter for second medical (firs medical done in Sept. 2008) and also to send a bank statement. my interview was in February in Buffalo. after a long background check. am I close to get the PR?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 747576
  Share Topic