Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote too long BC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 11:04pm
Thank you buffalo 2007,
GOOD LUCK in Canada as PR.

For all,
I am still waiting passport, I sent it 21 Sept.
buffalo 2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buffalo 2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 12:39am
Thanks a lot "Ossi" and "too long BC".

to too long BC my guess is that you will receive your passport back on next Thursday (October 14th). It's coming Wink
frezanezhad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 3:22pm
Hi, I am in same boat, a very long background check. I sent my medical in September 2008. Buffalo office.
First I was waived for interview, but today I saw in my ecas an interview is scheduled for February 2011 for me. I have a work permit and living in Canada since summer 2007.
any idea how long after this interview I will get the PR. any experience on interview after medical?
is the interview for all family?
appreciate for any comment. Thanks

Ossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 4:45pm
hi frezaneeshad,
after this security interview, it takes from 2 to 6 months to respond to you. that is what the officer will tell you after the interview. I know one guy who received a response in two months only. I know two other who got a response in 4 months. however, if your medical has expired, which means exceeded two years, then you will have to do the medicals again.
good luck,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 6:50pm
Thanks Ossi,
I am really wonder why they asked me for interview!, I have 84 points and have a job in Canada since 2007. In the letter they didn't mention about going to interview with family, do you think I should go with my family? any idea? Yes, my medical was done in Sep. 2008. hope they don't ask to do it again.

Ossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:13pm
it could be a random thing. I was also puzzled why I was asked to be interviewed. I was even more puzzled after the interview. btw I also got above 80. can that be a reason! (just kidding)

if the letter does not specify your family members then it is only you (the principal applicant). Usually it is the principal application. I guess the letter starts with dear applicant.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:37pm
Thanks again,
did they ask you to repeat the medical or you did it?
How was your interview and when was that?
Ossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:14pm
they did ask for the medical. I think they would not accept the medical if done without their request (some one above pointed that out. i think it is "too long bc").
my interview was in Jun. they start with asking if the names in the application are correct. they ask about the education and how you got to canada. they ask about where you lived in canada, address after address. every thing is in the application, so I don't know why these question. they will ask about your major, the kind of work you do (probably with details if it is important to them like chemical engineering). I think the point of the interview is to see how truthful you are).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:49pm
Thanks. This means you are waiting for passport request after your second medical.
did they asked for medical after your interview in June?
Hope to get your PR soon.

msimob1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msimob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 8:46pm
-

Edited by msimob1 - 12 Nov 2010 at 3:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576>
  Share Topic