Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 76>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:19pm
Newleaf,

After thinking it over.  I think the reason why you did not hear back CIC is because they are most probably waiting for a letter from CSIS giving them the details of needed info.  When they receive it they will respod to you, probably asking some more documents fro your side.  My hope is that they will finalize your case without the need to reinstate the security checks.  But if these are needed to be reinstated, then hopefully they will give you periority so you will finsih in max of 3 months.  So please keep your spirits up and let us hope for the best.  Anyways keep me updated once you hear anything back fro them.

Regards,
tara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:39pm
It is the first time that I heard about this situation. It is completely wierd. But for now just be cool down. don t worry it will be ok. you may send them an email ask them about any information that you could provide them for more clarification of your case.
Midtime it would helpfull to write down for us the exact letter which CSIS send to you. This could be helpful to figure out the main purpose behind this letter.
Anyways don t worry we are here for you.

paddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:41pm
newleaf, I'm surprised CSIS reached out to you directly or did you contact them yourselves? Either way, keep us posted.
ahmoos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:14am
Paddle Welcome any new news on your side
ahmoos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmoos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:16am
tara,

welcome.  Can you please share your time line
tara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:26am
My timeline is:
File open Buffalo: 26 Aug 2009
AOR+Medical forms: 5 Sep 2009
IA:    5 Oct 2009
last email communication: they mentioned about background information from other government offices(s).
mastermind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastermind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:54am
good thats fast !!!
mastermind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastermind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:02am
Question guys .. is there any way to get an update about permenant residence application. would I be able to get an update about my case through cic website (case specific enquiry). thx
tara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:07am
Newleaf,

I read your message again, I understand that you request information directly from CSIS. and then they mentioned you about BC canceltion. I think thats normal when they are not be able to verify your background information they will cancel the BC and refer it to CIC to transfer the reponsibility to them. then CIC will take decision based on available information... so don t worry it is something completely normal and may happen for many applicant but as far as they don t ask CSIS directly, they never be informed.
mosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:55am
Newleaf, I am with tara , dont lose hope , may be you will receive your PPR soon . let us know of any news , i hope your long wait will be over soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 76>
  Share Topic