Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buffalo - LONG background checks tracker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 73747576>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:26am
Dear All,

As of today I recieved a letter from canadian consulate general. I'm requested for my medical examination. Does that mean that I am done ? Does that mean that I actually and finally am getting my PR??? If so, how long does it take from them to finalize this after they recieve my medicals? Please tell me so since I am very confused.
Diddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:27am
Dear All,

As of today I recieved a letter from canadian consulate general. I'm requested for my medical examination. Does that mean that I am done ? Does that mean that I actually and finally am getting my PR??? If so, how long does it take from them to finalize this after they recieve my medicals? Please tell me so since I am very confused.
Diddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 11:47am
HELLO

is there any one?
Ossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 1:58pm

Hi diddy, It has become really difficult to tell how much time it takes after the medical. Typically it should not take more than three months. For some it is as fast as one month. But all that depends on the background checks. it took for some people more than two years and eventually they had to re-do the medicals. I hope your case will be a fast one.

Diddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 2:30pm
thank you ossi... What I can ask now does the background check starts after medical done?
invest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 6:42am
***LINK REMOVED*** has become a vital tool when it comes to renting a house or leasing a huge property to someone else. background is indeed a nice helping hand for all.

Edited by Emad - 23 Nov 2010 at 4:42am
markvines1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markvines1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:14am
I had quite a long background check. Probably due to the extensive lobbying / advocacy work of the United Nations, and a wide range of different organizations, with whom I worked. It was still quite frustrating having to wait another six months without knowing anything.
Ossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 11:57am
I just got the passport request. it was sent to me by email. I did my second medical Sep 16 and I got the passport request Oct 26th.

Too long BC: did you get your passport back? 
dro301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dro301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 9:21pm
Hi. I want to ask anyone who knows or has experience about background checks. Specifically, I have lived in US since I have been 15, graduated high school and college in US and have never left US since then. When background checks are done , will they still go back to my country of citizenship and try to ask local police and what not even though I have not been there since 15? thanks.
frezanezhad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frezanezhad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 8:38pm
Hi, I have been asked for interview after a long time waiting for background check. I applied for CAIPS to see what is the reason for interview. I revived it today, but I can't see anything in this letter about why the asked for interview!. any comments?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 73747576>
  Share Topic